Nissan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. I'm going to get 16" rims for my Sentra..
Today, somebody told me that since I'm getting bigger wheels than I already have, that I'd have to do a bunch of crap to my car, she said something about the wheelwell, and something about that my rpm's would be different and that my speedometer would be off. I'm not one to know a lot about cars, but that really doesn't make sense to me.... is she right?

·
NF's Offical Post Whore
1,972 Posts
you dont need to do anything to the car to put on the rims, except maybe take your old wheels off first. Your speedo will be off however by a few MPH. Search for a wheel speedometer calculator. -James

·
Hang out wit yo Wang out!
546 Posts
No need to worry, if anything, it slows the car down, so you will be a couple miles below your actual speed. Drive by one of those Portable radars, and see for yourself. I do it all the time, and I'm always going 2 mph slower that what the speedo actually says, and that's a good thing!!

·
Banned
126 Posts
Umm, unless you plan on getting Monster Truck tires, the rims WILL fit... you dont need any work to your wheel well...
I have 18"s and no problems...

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i didn't think so..... ever since she got her honduh she's been such a "car genius"...
lol i like your quote too!

·
Red line chaser
814 Posts
I have a set of both 16's and 17's and they directly bolt on without ANY vehicle modifications to my 200, and without any problems with the speedo since the car was new. Should be a cakewalk.

·
Hang out wit yo Wang out!
546 Posts
Our cars have one of the biggest wheel wells in the compact car scene. The eclipse is a lil bigger though!

·
Banned
126 Posts
speaking of room for rims...
HAVE YOU SEEN THE MITSUBISHI LANCER ???
WHAT A JOKE... I SERIOUSLY DOUBT YOU COULD FIT 16"s under there... Mitsubishi don't get it; Everything is big rims now-a-days
Nissan knew that when they put 18"s on the Maxima, and even the 350 comes with 18"s, if you want to fork out the extra dough...
small rims are for tri-cycles, and mazda miatas ;)

·
:::User Illusion:::
112 Posts
Platinum200 said:
speaking of room for rims...
HAVE YOU SEEN THE MITSUBISHI LANCER ???
WHAT A JOKE... I SERIOUSLY DOUBT YOU COULD FIT 16"s under there... Mitsubishi don't get it; Everything is big rims now-a-days....
This girl around where I live has an OZ Lancer on 18" Racing Hart C2:p Looks sick!

·
Banned
126 Posts
how the hell did she do that???
I've seen HOT WHEEL cars with bigger wheel wells than those cars... damn, i must be wrong about them...

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts