Nissan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
wont go any faster?
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
while putting my motor backtogether i knotice theres a hose from ::fsm name:: egrc-bpt valve from the bottom of that to the bottom of the egr valve. well the hose leaving the egrc-bpt valve was fully rotten ahd half of one side was missing. while looking at the bottom of the egrc-bpt valve it looks like its cloged up but there is a tiny hole in the midle. is it suppose to be cleared out or just that tiny pin hole. you can see it on the fsm page EM-63 bottom left.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I think your talking about the bottom hole, right. It is pretty small. I don't know if I'd say pinhole. I cleaned mine up with a toothpick and some paint thinner. Got rid of my check engine light for $0! Otherwise this things about $50.

·
wont go any faster?
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
94econobox said:
I think your talking about the bottom hole, right. It is pretty small. I don't know if I'd say pinhole. I cleaned mine up with a toothpick and some paint thinner. Got rid of my check engine light for $0! Otherwise this things about $50.
well i forgot to post that i looked closer at it and mine was so black i wasnt sure how small the hole is but now i can tell. i still got a check engine light due cause the hose to teh egr blew in half lol

·
Registered
114 Posts
Yeah I had that too. This was 2 separate check engine lights in 1 week. I went to autozone and replaced all the egr related vacuum hoses for $6 and it ran fine, light cleared. That must've dislodged some crap in the BPT, because later that week the light came back. Cleaned everything up, with new hoses, and it hasn't been back for a couple thousand miles now. Good luck.

·
wont go any faster?
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
94econobox said:
Yeah I had that too. This was 2 separate check engine lights in 1 week. I went to autozone and replaced all the egr related vacuum hoses for $6 and it ran fine, light cleared. That must've dislodged some crap in the BPT, because later that week the light came back. Cleaned everything up, with new hoses, and it hasn't been back for a couple thousand miles now. Good luck.
well at our school shopclass that im in. we have a snap on scanner witch i scanned with an obd2 and forgot the code number but said egr flow malfunction and so i cleared the code and it disapeered for like 2 or 3 weeks came back on and cleared it again and it went away for a few more weeks last time it came on i thougth had to do with the tps sensor cause i unpluged it for my timming but shortly after that it blew up and thats when i knoticed the hose was blown apart so when i run a scan ill find out if it came back on again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts