Nissan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Boost anyone?
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My check engine light has been on since June or so and I found out it was my EGR valve. I hear this can affect my emissions (duh) but also fuel economy. I have noticed a drop in my fuel economy. I barely get over 300 miles on about 10 gallons. I used to get close to 400 every tank. I will be buying a new one soon before December cause thats when the registration expires. Is this the reason why im getting poor mileage or is it something else.

·
Banned
809 Posts
welcome to the club bro.. MY egr pipe didnt fit either.. i have to get one popped on.. from some damn emmisions shop.. im sure they will charge me 10000 dollars

·
Boost anyone?
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How exactly do I take the EGR valve off and clean the carbon out of the passages?? I heard it could be clogged with carbon deposits and this could lead to my poor fuel mileage and my check engine light.

·
FIVE SPEED&FOAM INJECTION
1,541 Posts
not that anyone of you guys might answer this, but I dont get emissions checked in FL, so how can I bypass it? I met this dude at hot import nights with a 200 se-r and he had his bypassed- obviously he had a sr20, but isnt it the same system?

·
Registered
15 Posts
kinda like this, but you still have to plug the header or exhaust mani.

·
freakish poster
1,236 Posts
Todd0341 said:
not that anyone of you guys might answer this, but I dont get emissions checked in FL, so how can I bypass it?
You will have no gains with this mod (assuming your EGR is properly functioning) because The EGR is "off" at WOT.

·
Registered
145 Posts
so if i block off the egr it will work??? promise my engine wont blow up??

·
freakish poster
1,236 Posts
Yeah you can do it, but the CEL light may be an issue. It won't hurt anything.

·
Boost anyone?
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
How do i remove the EGR valve, I want to check it and clean it but I dont know how. I hope it will work after a thorough cleaning cause I dont want to shell out $90 for one. I need to get my registration done but i need it smogged first.

·
Registered
145 Posts
ah so cel will come on... that's no good... how would i make it fit into the header then?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts