Nissan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does else have an EGR Valve problem like me and TeknoKid. Our EGR Valve doesnt work because of our exhaust system.
we both drive the 95-98 Nissan Sentra GXE. Has anyone have this problem before? and how did you fix it?

TeknoKid- - 96 Sentra GXE with 2 " piping

Me - - 95 Sentra GXE with 2.25 " piping.

·
0 Posts
EGR

I dunno if it is the same problem as my 96 SE-R has, but it could be. I don't think it is your exhaust system causing it, unless you tampered with the connection at the exhaust manifold/header.

The actual EGR piping was too large at one time & Nissan redesigned it. I'm technical, but not this technical - take a look at SR20DE.net and look under the Problems section.

Hopefully the info will help. Good luck...

·
Destroyer of Engines
561 Posts
I have the same problem with my car, but it happened before I got my exhaust installed, so that didn't cause it. I haven't tried to fix it yet, but I know others have had this same problem. If you do a search at the forums at www.b15sentra.net , you should be able to find some info about fixing it.

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
What problem?

No one has explained what the problem is. The EGR system has several parts to it. It has asensor, a valve, and several rubberfitting as well. What code are you throwing? I had an EGR code, it turned out the one of the rubber EGR hoses wore out over time, I simply took another piece of hose and replaced it. You may also want to take the fittings apart and clean it out.

Otherwise give us more as to what the problem is.

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i think mine is a valve .. they said the valve not workin

·
Platinum
462 Posts
take a valve off and test it. it's not that difficult. clean it first and try to suck it. if valve closes when you suck, that means your valve is still good. You can use the carb/throttle body cleaner to clean the valve.. maybe it just needs to be cleaned.. I know it's not your exhaust system causing that problem.

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yes please.. and if u got the lil engine reader code thingy ma bopper bring that as well =)

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
as long as it dont break my car.. sure .. hehe.. :D

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
does n-e-eone have the check engine light code reader? if so can they bring it 2 the meet

1 - 17 of 17 Posts