Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does else have an EGR Valve problem like me and TeknoKid. Our EGR Valve doesnt work because of our exhaust system.
we both drive the 95-98 Nissan Sentra GXE. Has anyone have this problem before? and how did you fix it?

TeknoKid- - 96 Sentra GXE with 2 " piping

Me - - 95 Sentra GXE with 2.25 " piping.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Could you fill us in some more? I don't see a connection between piping size and EGR system. Is there a link to a previous discussion or something? :confused:

·
in^3,N20,RPM,PSI
4,652 Posts
Have you checked the valve? Have the engine running (warmed up) and reach your hand under the valve and push up slightly on the diaphram. If the engine starts to hesitate a bit it's working. There's a common problem (started another post earlier) with one of the little rubber lines right under the BPT that deterierates over time. It connects the egr and BPT together and it will fall apart in your hands if you haven't replaced it in a while. Try that first and let us know what you find.

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i havent checked the lil rubber piping thing but i will check it out with TeknoKid. I took it to the mechanic and it said my EGR is fine it that since i modified my exhaust system it get no back pressure into it and not functioning.

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok thanx. i will try that. All i need to do is find out where the EGR valve is on my car.. hmm...

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok. thanx. so the thing is located under the throttle body. If the tubing is broken how do i get a enw one and how much. Do i need to get it replaced alot?

·
in^3,N20,RPM,PSI
4,652 Posts
LIUSPEED said:
ok. thanx. so the thing is located under the throttle body. If the tubing is broken how do i get a enw one and how much. Do i need to get it replaced alot?
?

Well the egr tube can be bought from a Nissan Dealership... don't know the cost. the tubing doesn't usually 'break'... shouldn't have to replace it...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts