Nissan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone point me in the right direction to find the EGR valve?

I've looked through the X-Trail Factory Service Manual, but I can't find it! Do Nissan call it something different?

Thanks

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've been told that they are a pain in the ar$s generally ant just on exys. I've got some cleaner to clean the gunk out, see how it goes!

·
XTRAIL-HOLIC
2,228 Posts
Isnt it common practice on the X-T to remove/blank off the EGR, as It is known to crud up the sytem?
Depends on what exhaust system you're using I guess ;)

Mine is fine after 6 years of driving with an upgraded exhaust system and high flow cat converter, so it's not clogging-up anything.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I know a lot of the Mistsubishi/Vauxhall/Land Rover guys blank off the EGR and find it makes a significant improvement, both in performance and economy, particularly if any/all the crud is removed from the EGR system. Has anyone blanked off their X-T? I notice lots of kits for the above on e-bay, but none for the X-T, as yet.

·
XTRAIL-HOLIC
2,228 Posts
I thought the QR25DE has no EGR valve ... ???
I stand corrected. Been spending too much time working on my wife's Mazda and I thought I saw this EGR valve in my exy when in fact it was in her Mazda.

The QR25DE does NOT have an EGR valve indeed, instead it uses large valve overlap at cruise and under engine braking to suck exhaust gas back in from the exhaust manifold.

The diesel engine does have it though.

·
X-Trail Moderator
902 Posts
............The QR25DE does NOT have an EGR valve indeed, instead it uses large valve overlap at cruise and under engine braking to suck exhaust gas back in from the exhaust manifold.
Which was why there were engine failures in the early QR models because the fine particles broken away from the pre-cat core would get sucked back into the engine and "skratch away" the cylinder walls :)

·
XTRAIL-HOLIC
2,228 Posts
Exactly Marc :) but in our case, replacing the ceramic core cat converter (which is part of the manifold) with a stainless steel high flow cat converter, solves this problem forever.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts