Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seem to have solved the TPS error, but now I've got a (code 13, I think) EGR error code reading out.

Any suggestions as to where to start? Is it a pain in the arse?

Thanks!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
does the haynes manual do an okay job of detailing how to remove this from my ka24e, 4cyl. motor? I seem to remember that it doesn't...so I'm just hoping to hear about some of your experiences with this. like, can I just disconnect it or do I have to disconnect the metal pipe at the exhaust manifold, too? is the EGR difficult to remove?

thanks!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess sometimes it's better to just get in there and start looking...

The EGR diaphram was not obstructed, seemed to be moving fine when I tested it. BUT, then I noticed that the hose between the metal EGR tube and the BPT valve was shot...crumbled away when I touched it. Replaced that, but was still getting codes 13 and 32 (eng. temp. sensor and EGR). Took the hose off again, noticed some debris in the small metal pipe that runs from the BPT rubber hose to the EGR. Used some sheilded thermostat wire (it's what I had around) to try and clean it out. Very gummy. Tried to disconnect the metal pipe from the EGR, seems to be siezed in there (not the nut, but the pipe itself)? Really wanted this pipe cleaned out. Poured some alchohol down there to help the wire. Ended up spraying some dw40 into the metal pipe, too. What the hell. Things were cleaning up.

Put it all back together, all codes clear!

Hope this helps someone.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Nelson, I was getting the EGR trouble code from my 95 and also found the rubber house between the EGR and the BPT melted away. The metal tube from the EGR was clogged on the end. I used a brush and then a sewing needle to clean it out. Did you have to run the wire through the whole pipe or just the small tip?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts