Nissan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Nissan Junkie
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possable for the EGR valve to cause the engine to bogg out. As many of you may know I have been bothered by a 4000 rpm rev limiter( thats just what I call it) if I am on it at around 4000 it just dies out like the feul has been cut then if I keep it held down it will fall to say 3200 then pick back up just to fall again. but if I am gentle about accelerating I can red line the car I have looked at the feul injection side of the house with a swapp out of everything but the Idle air control to include the ECU and this is still there. So could the EGR cause these symptoms?

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
weve gone over this yea... it bounces when u floor it right, cus thats exactly what my 88 with the e16i did, i know it was the idle air controle because when i reved it by hand under the hood it would stop bouncing/bogging when i smacked the little solonoid with the back of a screw driver but as soon as i shut the hood and the car idled back down it would bounce/bog when i tried to rev it again

·
Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,136 Posts
normally the EGR isnt opening on acceleration (past certain % of throttle) so if it get opens by any mean, you might be sucking to much hot air/co2 and cause the engine to surge.... i made a test last summer, i had a cap made for the EGR... acceleration was ok but the return to the idle was catastophic !! lollll with the light weight fly, the rev would drop so fast that it never stabilized and got around 250/300 rpm if not stalled like 90% of the time .... IMO i could make a whole difference between a good working EGR and a bad one.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
this is almost the same problem i got with a ca20e back home that was rolled. if you're gentle and slow with the acceleration pedal it will get to a high rpm but kinda stumble. if you just mash the pedal it might get to 3000 but it spits and smokes shit out the pipe. i've figured it was some air control or somethign on it but i never had the time to mess with it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts