Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Q

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 91 Sentra SE-R and I'm trying to get it pass SMOG in Cali. It's a Cali car. Well the check engine light came on a few days before the SMOG check. After check the ECU code I received Code 32, "EGR control valve does not operate."

I check vacuum hoses to make sure there were no cracks or broken lines. Replaced them all with Silicone Vacuum hoses. Still did not work. So I check to see if I was receiving vacuum to the EGR control valve. Yes it was, but no vacuum to EGR or to AIV valve. So I believe my EGR control valve has failed.

Since this is a dealer part (checked Kragen, Napa, Pep Boys, junkyard, none) Turner Nissan and other Nissan dealerships quoted me about $92 for the valve. I was wondering if anybody in this forum would like to donate or sell a working EGR control valve. So I would not need to purchase a new one. Looking forward to your responds.

Thanks.

Q in Sac.

·
Registered
124 Posts
k6h65j ju575 76

Hey Q, in 2 hours i managed to make my car stock again(took the gen 5 hotshots headers off for smog). still having issues?

jorge

Q

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: k6h65j ju575 76

SuperblkStalion said:
Hey Q, in 2 hours i managed to make my car stock again(took the gen 5 hotshots headers off for smog). still having issues?

jorge
Yes, I'm still having issues. Can I borrow your exhaust manfold so I can pass my smog? Help!!!

Q

·
Registered
124 Posts
sure

after i am done with it

·
Registered
124 Posts
man, i hope i get to do it tommorrow and pass. still have to retard the timing and shit. and also find my POP charger

jorge

1 - 7 of 7 Posts