Nissan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is 96 Nissan Altima. I got the check engine light on for a long time. A couple of days ago, I had my car checked at a local Nissan Dealer and they said it is due to the bad BPT valve. They asked too much ($216) to fix it. So does anyone know where I can buy a cheaper one? and what's the normal price for a new BPT valve?

Thanks, XG
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
830 Posts
This is a dealer part, I priced one for my 96 altima, $150. Count an extra 60 buck in dealer labor. How many miles on the car>?

luck95 said:
My car is 96 Nissan Altima. I got the check engine light on for a long time. A couple of days ago, I had my car checked at a local Nissan Dealer and they said it is due to the bad BPT valve. They asked too much ($216) to fix it. So does anyone know where I can buy a cheaper one? and what's the normal price for a new BPT valve?

Thanks, XG
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LONDONDERRY said:
This is a dealer part, I priced one for my 96 altima, $150. Count an extra 60 buck in dealer labor. How many miles on the car>?
The car has run about 100,000 miles. I ever called two Nissan dealer and they told me the price for a new BPT valve is $50 +-.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
830 Posts
luck95 said:
The car has run about 100,000 miles. I ever called two Nissan dealer and they told me the price for a new BPT valve is $50 +-.

Opps my mistake I was quoting you on a EGR valve. Your right the BPT is $50-60. There every easy to install yourself.
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top