Nissan Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Have I Hit 12's Yet?
5,325 Posts
wes said:
Remove it entirely even the upper portion connecting to the IM and then as suggested remove the vacuum line. That is what I did on my car. I then used the hole in the intake manifold as a source for my vacuum distribution manifold.

yea mike, we can do that this weekend....its not hard to do at all

·
U13 BB Owner
303 Posts
will that be the same on the 98 200sx.....i wanna rip mine out. literally!

edit : I though we could just block the part on the header and then on the egr valve....

·
Have I Hit 12's Yet?
5,325 Posts
200sx98fl said:
will that be the same on the 98 200sx.....i wanna rip mine out. literally!

edit : I though we could just block the part on the header and then on the egr valve....

the 98's have alot more egr vacuum stuff, but yea, itde be about the same. youde just have to make sure all the vaccum lines are blocked off that went to the EGR canister

·
Registered
339 Posts
wes said:
Yes but if you have a JWT ECU then can do an EGR resistor. I have this on my car/computer and it works perfect.
Care to elaborate on this? When I get my engine back in...the EGR section will be taken off, so I'd like to know how to avoid CEL from coming on.

Thanks,
Kenny

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
SentraStyleEMW said:
Care to elaborate on this? When I get my engine back in...the EGR section will be taken off, so I'd like to know how to avoid CEL from coming on.

Thanks,
Kenny
Not sure what there is to elaborate on. If you have a JWT ECU you can have JWT modify the ECU so that yo do not throw a CEL on the EGR.

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
pimpride said:
So what is the point of bypassing it?
The point is that on many turbo cars there is quit e abit of fabrication involved in keeping it connected and it also creates quite abit of crap being bolwn back into the intake. So for turbo cars it makes more sense, but for mild bolt-on cars it is not worth it.

·
P.O.S. Truckdriver
2,070 Posts
i blocked mine off just b/c i had a bad egr valve and Sc isn't an emission controlled state. i'm not sure how all of you did it, but i just went and got a giant bolt for the header and cut the flange off the egr pipe that attaches to the intake manifold. i attached the flange back to the IM and it's worked fine for a couple of years now.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts