Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read on z31.com that you can modify the "Emergency Relief Valve" so that it can hold more pressure and in turn give the car more power. From what I understand, this valve is suppost to prevent damage to the engine by opening up at 475 mmHg (...4.75 psi?). I am just wondering if anyone else has done this and had no problems.

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
That will not give you power. Putting a boost controller on your wastegate vaccume line will though.

·
Banned
3,785 Posts
In addition, you will need to remove the pop-off valve and plug the hole left on the side of the intake. A pipe plug will do.

Asleep is right, you will not get more power from modding the POV alone. You must also increase boost from the turbo. Modding the POV simply allows you to run more boost, you must increase the boost at the wastgate.

As far as I can tell, the POV opens at exactly 10 psi, that's how I found it worked on my car. It found it's way into the trash can soon after.....;)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok thanks I was mainly looking for some cheap mods (and I mean real cheap) to get more power in my car.

·
Banned
3,785 Posts
Ditch the pop-off valve, buy a boost controller, set it to 10 psi. That'll net you about 40-50 Hp over stock. Get an exhaust system, that'll free up the engine breathing a bit. Good mods to start with, gives instant gratification.

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
You can get a manual boost controller from www.boostvalve.com for 50 bucks for our car. If set at about 10-11 PSI that'll net you about a horsepower per dollar (not bad at all I must add;)) Then get a 1" NPT metal pipe plug from Lowes or Home Depot for 99 cents and boom... Cheap mods

·
Banned
3,785 Posts
♣AsleepZ♣ said:
and boom... Cheap mods
Long as it's not and boom... the engine. We did forget to mention a proper boost guage. ;) Because the stock one is worthless. Don't add a boost controller without it.

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
♣Zen31ZR♣ said:
Long as it's not and boom... the engine. We did forget to mention a proper boost guage. ;) Because the stock one is worthless. Don't add a boost controller without it.

Yeah boom would be right, forgot about that detail.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts