Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
Terran200sx said:
What engine statistics does the ECU watch? i want to run one of those blitz things http://blitz-na.com/Blitz_RMonitor_Rvit.htm that intercepts the ECU stats and displays them and i want to know what things i'll be able to see from the ECU.
You should look into a Techtom MDM100. As it monitors the majority of the vehicle sensors. The BEST part is that it plugs in to the factory consult port directly and it legitimately takes about 15 seconds to hook up.

Do a search both here and at SR20forum.com for Techtom MDM100. It will tell you what it displays specifically.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wes said:
You should look into a Techtom MDM100. As it monitors the majority of the vehicle sensors. The BEST part is that it plugs in to the factory consult port directly and it legitimately takes about 15 seconds to hook up.

Do a search both here and at SR20forum.com for Techtom MDM100. It will tell you what it displays specifically.
I searched, i can't find anything that tells me what the ECU monitors from the engine.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok, except i still don't know what sensors the engine actually has in it.

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
Terran200sx said:
ok, except i still don't know what sensors the engine actually has in it.
You really should download the FSM from the stocky located at the top of this forum. his will answer your questions so you can figure out what all the sensors are in the motor. Additionally the Techtom monitors all function that are of use to us.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wes said:
You really should download the FSM from the stocky located at the top of this forum. his will answer your questions so you can figure out what all the sensors are in the motor. Additionally the Techtom monitors all function that are of use to us.
Ok i did that, but i still can't tell if it has an oil-pressuere sensor that does psi.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
wes said:
No you will need an external gauge. It simply senses LOW pressure not a readout in PSI.
damn, i was really hoping that i could get away with 1 extra guage.

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
Terran200sx said:
damn, i was really hoping that i could get away with 1 extra guage.
What do you mean? You can install an oil pressure gauge, or were you talking about a boost gauge and that's it? If so there are other important things to monitor. Oil temp, EGT's if your going turbo etc... I personally think the techtom is the bect option for monitoring things from the factory sensors as it requires no splicing into the factory wiring, it simply plugs in.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
wes said:
What do you mean? You can install an oil pressure gauge, or were you talking about a boost gauge and that's it? If so there are other important things to monitor. Oil temp, EGT's if your going turbo etc... I personally think the techtom is the bect option for monitoring things from the factory sensors as it requires no splicing into the factory wiring, it simply plugs in.
ok yeah, but the factory doesn't supply oil-temp or egt and the like, so i'm stuck with installing extra guages.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
wes said:
You and everyone else... FWIW I run the techtom along with 3 gauges.
what guages? And is the blitz one the same thing? Cause i really like the design better.

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
Terran200sx said:
what guages? And is the blitz one the same thing? Cause i really like the design better.
Boost/Vacuum, EGT, Oil Pressure

I am not sure about the blitz. I don't care about looks I care about function so I don;t know much about the blitz. Looks at the install instructions for the blitz and if you have to solder into the ECU then how could you choose that over the techtom? As I said before the Techtom literally plugs in to the factory consult port, it took 30 seconds to make mine work !

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
wes said:
Boost/Vacuum, EGT, Oil Pressure

I am not sure about the blitz. I don't care about looks I care about function so I don;t know much about the blitz. Looks at the install instructions for the blitz and if you have to solder into the ECU then how could you choose that over the techtom? As I said before the Techtom literally plugs in to the factory consult port, it took 30 seconds to make mine work !
Well i care about both, and i believe the blitz plugs in the same way as the techtom. Do you run a A-Piller pod?

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
wes said:
If it plugs in the same way then ROCK ON, For now I run a pillar pod however I removed the center vents and am doing a custom pod that holds the 3 gauges there.
So what do you use the techtom for? Doesn't that just make it an expenisve voltameter?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts