Nissan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok for all them ga16det member maybe you can answer my question. i was wondering because im running stock injectors,MAF,fuel pump everything stock basically but im putting a FPR on it would i have to retune my ecu if im only running 6psi on my car.

·
Registered
485 Posts
You dont have to, but it would be safer to go ahead and upgrade your fuel system and ecu to match what you are going to end up at.

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
ok for all them ga16det member maybe you can answer my question. i was wondering because im running stock injectors,MAF,fuel pump everything stock basically but im putting a FPR on it would i have to retune my ecu if im only running 6psi on my car.
This depends on what turbo you are running. 6psi on a T25 will still max out your injectors so I would not recommend what you are suggesting.

The long and short is that boost is not cheap, especially if you blow a motor because you cut corners.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so no matter what i run i should send in my ecu cause i know on the tsi kit you dont have to right

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
so no matter what i run i should send in my ecu cause i know on the tsi kit you dont have to right
I would not look at it like that. Because the TSI kit has provisions for fuel does not mean you do not have to reprogram the ECU. They are simply different methods of increasing the power potential of the fuel system. I said this in another post and I will say it again. Please research what is involved in a proper turbo setup..... Trust me, this will help you more than simple answers on the forum.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what would i look under for what i can do to compensate for the fuel management. so with runny everything stock and turbo im looking at a blown motor

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
what would i look under for what i can do to compensate for the fuel management. so with runny everything stock and turbo im looking at a blown motor
I posted some very useful information in the fuel pump thread. You need to first determine what kind of horsepower you want to make, what are your goals within your budget. Next plan what turbo and fuel system supports that power.

Because we now that the B13/14 fuel pump can support about 230WHP that should not limit you at this stage, so you need to plan what injectors, maf, and ecu you need to run to support the power you are trying to make.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok well im running a mits.2g t25. from what people have told me the mits. t25 is diff. from the others. dont know why. im looking at pushing about 6psi. where could i look to see what all i need in order to do this

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
ok well im running a mits.2g t25. from what people have told me the mits. t25 is diff. from the others. dont know why. im looking at pushing about 6psi. where could i look to see what all i need in order to do this
What does the wastgate on that turbo run? Why did you pick this turbo? You realize it will take more work to upgrade turbo's in the future using this turbo than if you just went with a T25 from an SR20det?

What I am getting at is that you are still new to this, which is OK, but you will make a lot of mistakes and spend more money in the long run if you throw together a setup. I would plan a fuel setup that will support approx 230WHP as it will not cost you any more than a setup that will support 175.... Then you know you have room to potentially run more boost in the future.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
turbo i got for a steal. wastgate on that one i think is either 12 or 14. turbo was giving to me. so thats why im running with it for right now i can always get another turbo and have the manifold moded to fit. what would you think a good fuel setup would be or please direct me into the right place cause im so confused cause im getting diff feedback from everyone and dont know what to do. it would help me out alot. not asking you to do the turbo setup for me..lol..but just need help

1 - 10 of 10 Posts