Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok.. so i am an Infantry soldier in iraq so i am making a good amount of $$$ i have an 03 ser vspec, i have alot of mods that i have ordered waiting for me and i want to be able to monitor the vitals on my car as i drive, does anyone know if there is anything availible to hook up my laptop to my nissan and if there is ( which i really hope there is) where do i get the software and the adapters. If im gonna do all this $#!t to my car i want to do it right. I also have a brand new block that i will be "Doin Up:)" soon and i dont want to screw that motor up after its done, i want to make sure shes tickin right.

·
Registered
790 Posts
No ECU monitoring thus far. You can get an datalogging AFR set-up, hook your laptop to it, and monitor you AFRs. You can get just about every other gauge set-up for monitoring as well. All depends on your overall goals for the Spec.

What are your plans for the block?

Btw, keep your head down and your feet dry. Come back safe. . .

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey thanks, ur head gets a little crazy over here, i dont know why i didnt think of datalogging we did that to my buddies drift ready camaro ( ya i know, but he does pretty badass at the local shows)(Dailymotion - Share Your Videos) i dont know where im going with the block if i want high compression n/a or low comp boost, everyone wants boost but ive been there done that and its just too much ware and tear, but fun:D but im consentrating on the head mostly, Port Polish (done pro not by me) crank, connecting rods, retainers,vaulves and springs, cam, more air more fuel, nothing too exciting but nothing cheap and lazy either. i wont touch the body, im not into flashy cars, no car shows for this car, sleeper on tein 15 ways ya know? and no pissed off weedeater exhaust, maintain the sleeper baby. ive done a few custom dashes and they turned out ok so i might do some hidden features in my interior too, maybe when im done ill post some pics. thanks for the help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts