Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Hear alot of talk on here about ecu tuning, and when they have it done they use ecus from junkyards, or other cars.

Why not have your own ECU reprogrammed?

Just wondering.

·
Registered
236 Posts
because tuning ecu's requires you to mail them off. sometimes it takes 2-3+ weeks to get it back. most of us aren't fortunate enough to have a second vehicle to drive around while the ecu is out of the other car, so people mail in the 'junkyard find', in order to keep their daily driver driveable.

get all that?

·
Registered
393 Posts
that, and jwt can only reprogram 95-97 b14 ECUs, i think. so if you have another year, you'll have to get one of those ECUs to have jwt reprogram an ECU for you

·
Registered
38 Posts
V i V i D 200sx said:
that, and jwt can only reprogram 95-97 b14 ECUs, i think. so if you have another year, you'll have to get one of those ECUs to have jwt reprogram an ECU for you
Wrong!! I have a 92 Sentra and my ECU was programmed by JWT!

·
FIVE SPEED&FOAM INJECTION
1,541 Posts
o.k so I have a 91 nx- jwt WONT reprogram my ecu for me? I just posted a thread on the ga16de forum that asked about the nitrous module- I had talked to this guy Russel who is on the forum, he had a sweet se-r with a 100 shot on it that jwt had compensated for- so I am stuck with switching my super afc back and forth and back and forth or I have to hook up a wet system which is gonna work like crap on my car unless its multi port......or can I use a b-14 ecu? will it fit up to my harness as long as it is for a ga16de? Would that work?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts