Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1993 Sentra 1.6L, I got the ECU codes from sentra.net. I would like to check the ECU and to reset the computer. Hopefully, someone could tell me where it is and how to get to it. Also, I know since it's a pre 96 vehicle I can't use the OBDII system. I noticed there is a plug device near the inside fuse area, I assume it's for plugging into the ecu. If so, is there something I can buy to plug into this to read codes or is it dealer use only?

Thanks,
Shane

·
i pwn your mom
5,439 Posts
moved to b13 section since its more related to that...

·
Registered
2 Posts
its under the center counsel (raido,heater) on the back there is a screw turn key to on possition (motor not running) then turn it clockwise all the way wait at least 2 seconds then turn all the way counter clockwise

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
on my se-r if u were sitting in your driver seat and take your right foot and lean it to the right u would hit a panal, ecu is right behind that, theres a screw and a lil popper dealy that holds it on, u gotta push the center of it and it pops off idk what to call it

·
bitter old man
1,456 Posts
Disconnect the battery and leave off over-night. Or, remove the kick panel on the driver's side of the center console to expose the ECU. Lastly, that's the Consult port you found by the fusebox.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts