Nissan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok well as some of you know i got my 1995 Sentra XE in January, and well from what i've heard the governer on B14's is at 109 if i'm not mistaken... well i've hit 115 in it so either its been disabled in mine or something's not quite right somewhere cause it shouldnt be able to go that fast without it shutting down right? I doubt that its been tuned by JWT or anything cause it has only had 2 owners and one of them is me and the other is a Rental Car Company in Texas. So i was wondering exactly what is allowing me to go that fast.

Thanks in advance.

·
nissan??? whats that
280 Posts
Omega3k1 said:
Ok well as some of you know i got my 1995 Sentra XE in January, and well from what i've heard the governer on B14's is at 109 if i'm not mistaken... well i've hit 115 in it so either its been disabled in mine or something's not quite right somewhere cause it shouldnt be able to go that fast without it shutting down right? I doubt that its been tuned by JWT or anything cause it has only had 2 owners and one of them is me and the other is a Rental Car Company in Texas. So i was wondering exactly what is allowing me to go that fast.

Thanks in advance.
This happened with me too, the fuel didnt shut off it the needle just stopped moving. I had the pedal to the floor in forth and the needle stoped climbing. Many just diagnose it as a speedoeter miss calulation. Its not perfect, especially at those speeds. Im sure if you were clocked by an officer it would only read 108-110. IIRC- if you get it recalebrated it would read right or at least closer for that matter.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
also it probably could've still gone faster but i was going around a corner(its on a high way, not like a 90 degree sorta thing), so it was kinda holding me back... but my friend was in a Toyota Matrix and was behind me and he said he was doing 120 and gaining on me just a little.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Speedo is inaccurate at those speeds.

·
Registered
106 Posts
above 90 you might as well not even have a speedo.....its usless. as for the fuel cut...its not so much that it just S-T-O-P-S. but it will hold steady at the red line but not go above it (will supply only enough to saty, not accel.)

·
Registered
44 Posts
nismo1.6 said:
its not so much that it just S-T-O-P-S. but it will hold steady at the red line but not go above it (will supply only enough to saty, not accel.)
Not in every other nissan I've owned.
My 240 STOPS and you can't accl. untell it drops down a bit. to like 105 on the speedo. My old nissan pickup would do the same thing. I have never tried to hit the governer in my 200 because it's my DD, real slow and it would take like a hour to get there unless I was going down hill.
The speed governer in the truck and the 240 are 5th gear sensors in the tranny. I assume the GA is the same. You can take fourth as far as your little motor will let you.
If your car just stops speeding up thats all she's got.

·
Registered
70 Posts
when I took my car up as fast as it could go (95 200sx) it stopped accel when i hit 125. I baught a g20 ecu. no governer anymore :cheers:

·
Registered
64 Posts
When I had my car dyno'd it got to 125 and then the limiter came on. The guy that dyno'd it said that his machine was accurate with in a mhp or 2 but who knows.

·
Registered
102 Posts
One day me and my friend got to take our old bosses Nissan Frontier(prolly bout a 99-2000 maybe) to work. We were going down the highway and when he hit about 95 all we heard/felt was *BANG*, I seriously thought we got in a wreck, but it was the govenor kicking in. I've never felt one that hard, and mine kicks in at about 110-115 in the Sentra, but yeh, takes like a minute to get there lol :thumbdwn:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ohh well it was just one of those curiosity things... i dont plan on going that fast that often anyway... I was just goofing around w/ a friend at about 1am on an empty road... umm that was closed off for track purposes... yeah... umm

/me just shuts up

·
NPM Lead Editor/Webmaster
4,571 Posts
AlphaSpeed said:
When I had my car dyno'd it got to 125 and then the limiter came on. The guy that dyno'd it said that his machine was accurate with in a mhp or 2 but who knows.
Just because he said it doesn't make it true... The limit is 109 on a GA16 period.

·
Registered
258 Posts
i agree myoung. even though mine hit around 115, but it was inaccurate. myoung tell me, do you know anything about the apexi rsm rev/speed meter?
i heard other than it functions like keeping track with 60ft times,acceleration,etc, that it takes off the governor on japenese cars.

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
tony200 said:
i agree myoung. even though mine hit around 115, but it was inaccurate. myoung tell me, do you know anything about the apexi rsm rev/speed meter?
i heard other than it functions like keeping track with 60ft times,acceleration,etc, that it takes off the governor on japenese cars.
I remember a member here used that to accomplish removing the speed limiter. His user name is PatScottAKA99XE Maybe do a search for that unit and his user name for more info.

·
Registered
189 Posts
rev/spd

Ok so I took the wire from the speedo to the ecu and put it on an on/off switch, maybe this will work.
The new apexi vfd rev/spd meter won't. (works on some cars)
I haven't confirmed this yet....
I have confirmed fliping the switch while doin' 75 won't trigger any codes or airbag deployment or anything, so don't flinch man!
Using it for two trips or leaving it off may trigger a code but a code reader and datalogger are a handy thing my friend.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts