Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1987 Pulsar NX SE, CA16. Motor failed (Exhaust manifold was bright red with heat. It has been off the road for more than a year, found a used motor and installed it, but the cooling fan won't kick on, and it runs a bit rough. I noticed a strong plastic burning smell and determined it was the ECU. Not long after, it wouldn't start. I ordered a rebuilt ECU, still idles rough and cooling fan doesn't kick on, also noticed the tach doesn't work. Now getting the same smell of burning plastic and don't want to torch another ECU. Have checked and rechecked wiring connections - as far as I can tell all is properly hooked up. No codes set on the ECU (showed 44).

Any ideas?

·
Registered
734 Posts
the code 44 is a throttle valve switch. a code 55 would be all clear.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The list I found on the internet showed 44 and 55 both as no codes set... Throttle valve switch? Would that be the same as a Throttle Position Sensor?

Thanks!

·
Registered
734 Posts
my book says the ca16de with a code 44 is a Throttle valve switch but when you go to the page for the testing and adjusting, it says its on a carburetor. I know the ca16de is mpfi.
It might have that switch on the throttle position sensor or built in.

·
Oh Ya
227 Posts
my book says the ca16de with a code 44 is a Throttle valve switch but when you go to the page for the testing and adjusting, it says its on a carburetor. I know the ca16de is mpfi.
It might have that switch on the throttle position sensor or built in.
it is on the throttle body
the ecu getting hot itself I have never seen this personaly but it has to be a short someplace in your harness or in the ecu itself
sorry i cant help on that

1 - 5 of 5 Posts