Nissan Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there I messed up my maf this is what I did: I decided it needed a clean and so i thought the sensor wire would come out if I unscrewed the 4 philips screws on the maf. Boy was i wrong all that came out was the plug. Now i tried reconnecting the plug to the maf by soddering it that was my second mistake now the car doesn`t start anymore. It does still cranks and I can smell fuel when I cranked it for a few times. Now when I hook up my obd2 scanner it doesn`t even see that there is anything wrong with it. That scares me I think I blew my ecu. What do you guy`s think?

P.S. I have a ga16de housed in a 98 200sx.

·
Registered
430 Posts
unscrewing and screwing in your maf isn't gonna fry the ECU.

no matter what you do...
even if you directly connected the ecu to the battery... still wouldn't fry. 12 volts is 12 volts no matter what you do with it.

it's added amperage or a shorted ground that does that.

an easy way to tell the ecu still works... you have fuel.

wouldn't happen if the ecu was gone.
unless you're runnin a 350 w/ a camshaft operated fuel pump.

;]

switch out your maf. see what happens.

switch out everything... from a yard.

hell.. do a diagnostic on your ecu.
that'll help a lot.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey there I just wanted to let you know that it worked like a charm I put in a new junkyard maf and had to put in a new 7.5 amp fuse in the fusebox next to the battery now it runs beter than before thanks a lot.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Hey Dude Ochno is the man!! Ain't them dare Junk Yards Great!! IMHO one of the best reasons to own an older car that they made a whole lot of at the Factory is the amount of scrapped ones in the Bone Yard! The Nissan Sentra that I have has parts interchangeability from 95 to 98,so I have been told? I have also been told that the numbers were pretty high and this is another plus! PARTS!! I have a Huge Bone yard in my State that only requires that you sign in and pay for your parts that you pull on the way out. To me that is Sweet! Even if none of the Dudes pulling part's Oblow English!!!!Lol!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah your right but sadly this car has to go now not cause I don`t like it any more I LOVE IT but I`m moving back to europe (My job.....) So if you know someone in the Phoenix area ho would like a red 98 200sx let me now ok.

·
Registered
430 Posts
i'd love that car.

it's a good rally car.

but i'm holding onto my s-13 with my fingernails, and holding onto the running and driving q45 for my 450sx swap with my cuticals (it's hurts more... lol)

always wanted to take that car and turn it into a CRX equal that can also go offroad.

if i was you, i'd take it with you...

a perfect small car in europe. cant' be too much to just ride the boat with it.

·
Registered
430 Posts
lol, dude, you're the man.. you've been here for what? a month and you're half way to where i am on posts and i've been off and on for like 6 months.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I like these stupid forums they give my mind an outlet to move my thought's! they call my problem ADHD!!! My three boy's have it to!!! lol!!!

·
Registered
430 Posts
ha!.. will you be my adopted dad?

lol.. everyone here just calls me crazy.. i rolls my eyes when they can't see and cuss their very souls.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts