Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the end of by hour long highway commute, I got a "service engine soon" light. After searching 'Sentra.net' I found the ECU location, instructions and codes. I did as instructed but saw no code flashes. I suspect I didn't know where to look. Where do the flashes appear? Thanks for your help. :(

·
Registered
166 Posts
saharv23 said:
At the end of by hour long highway commute, I got a "service engine soon" light. After searching 'Sentra.net' I found the ECU location, instructions and codes. I did as instructed but saw no code flashes. I suspect I didn't know where to look. Where do the flashes appear? Thanks for your help. :(
Turn ignition switch to the on position without starting the car. Turn the screw clockwise look up at the dash and the engine light should be gone. Turn it back conterclockwise look up at the dash and it should be flashing. Take a piece of paper and a pencil with you incase you have more than one code. Don't forget to turn it back clockwise, your done. The engine light should be gone again. Hope this helps. ;)

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What I was missing was the fact that the yellow 'service engine soon' light was supposed to flash. You cleared that up. Thanks
:D

·
Registered
323 Posts
I forgot where the ECU was, I wish the B14's had an easier way of checking the engine codes instead of having to get down there and do all that crap, not that it's alot, but it's dark, I can't find my flashlight and it's pouring rain but I don't like check engine lights :) Like the Altimas have a way to do it with the gas pedal and what not.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts