Nissan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
U13 BB Owner
303 Posts
if im correct i think the 4 digit is for OBD2 and the 2 digit is for OBD1.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
200sx98fl said:
if im correct i think the 4 digit is for OBD2 and the 2 digit is for OBD1.

If that’s the case then since my 95 200sx is OBDII then my code should theoretically be 0109... correct?

So what's 0109 mean?

I checked all my books and still can't seem to find it.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lshadoff said:
You got it out of synch. It is 0901 - Front Oxygen Sensor Heater

Lew

I'm ready to agree with you since it's the only code with the exact two numbers I was getting but... I have two issues with that diagnosis...

1. The code was 1 long, 9 short. Don't the long numbers read first and short number read second?

2. I was getting a Front O2 sensor code about 7 months back so I simply replaced the sensor and cleared the code. Then on my first trip out the MIL lights up so I just let it go until now. You can imagine how I really don’t want that to be the issue since I recently replace that O2 sensor already.:(

Time to bust out the old multi-meter! :cheers:

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Sethticlees said:
I'm ready to agree with you since it's the only code with the exact two numbers I was getting but... I have two issues with that diagnosis...

1. The code was 1 long, 9 short. Don't the long numbers read first and short number read second?

2. I was getting a Front O2 sensor code about 7 months back so I simply replaced the sensor and cleared the code. Then on my first trip out the MIL lights up so I just let it go until now. You can imagine how I really don’t want that to be the issue since I recently replace that O2 sensor already.:(

Time to bust out the old multi-meter! :cheers:
The first part of the code has blinks that are 0.6 seconds long with a 0.6 second pause between, followed by a 0.9 second pause, and the second part has blinks that are 0.3 seconds long with a 0.3 second pause between, followed by a 2.1 second pause. It keeps repeating this pattern for all stored codes.

You can go crazy keeping up with it.

Lew

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lshadoff said:
The first part of the code has blinks that are 0.6 seconds long with a 0.6 second pause between, followed by a 0.9 second pause, and the second part has blinks that are 0.3 seconds long with a 0.3 second pause between, followed by a 2.1 second pause. It keeps repeating this pattern for all stored codes.

You can go crazy keeping up with it.

Lew

HAHA! True dat :thumbup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts