Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, guys. i was wondering if anyone can help me out. after spending money on fuel pressure regulator, fuel pump, fuel pump relay, the whole distributor, resistor and others, it looks like the problem was the ECM all along according to the nissan service department.
i spent all this time and money and the problem was the
computer. the part# of my computer is HRMECM-W185-E1-6803. i
was wondering if the computer that i have to get has to
haveTHE SAME EXACT NUMBERS on it? because i found one for a
1997 nissan pathfinder. the part# is HRECM-W187-A1-7328? now i called the nissan parts and the parts guy told me that ALL
the letters and numbers have to match. is this true? or is
the computer on these trucks interchangeable? i am hoping that someone in here can help me out. i am a single mom and i honestly just cant afford a new computer that's going to cost $1000. pls help. thanks.

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
7,010 Posts
Consider getting an ECM from a junk yard. By the way, what was the original problem with your truck?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i did and those were the numbers that i found. that's why im asking if the computers are interchangeable. the parts that i've had changed had to do with fuel system. the truck didnt want to start. she would start on and off. after having changed all those parts my truck still didnt want to start. so i finally took it the dealer. as i mentioned before, the truck would start sometimes. anyways, the nissan service guy told me that the computer is not sending some kind of ground signal to the injectors to fire up. im not sure what that means. then he said he needed 3 hours to check this. some of my friends said that it shouldnt take that long to find that problem. they probably knew what the problem was after they called you but the minimum charge to check the electrical is 3 hours. that's why i tried to avoid the dealer but i had no choice. my son knew somebody that had a shop but his computer didnt go as far as the nissans. he told me that he didnt want me to go the dealer because they would charge me an arm and a leg but i didnt have a choice because i really needed my truck for work. so if any of you out there who are mechanics pls help me out. i would really appreciate it. i just want to know if the computers for the 1997 nissan pathfinders are interchangeable. thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts