Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got some kid in Vegas, Telling me he got a "90' r32 v-spec I" legally in Cali for 18,000.

I think he's full of =]

but I just want to know if there was a current law I didnt know of allowing cars under 25 years of age to be imported to the states legally.
I also thought Motorex was the last ones to have done anything like this and I know they didn't release any secrets...

So is this r32 illegal? Cuz I'm almost positive it is.
That is if it even exists.

Cuz neither him nor his friend new about the import laws in the states.

·
Registered
630 Posts
unless he shows you the car its prolly not even existant... in fact i know its non existant

the GTR Vspec-I was first released in feb 1993, and the Vspec-II in feb of 1994

the only thing that could have been released in 1990 for the GTR's was the Nismo, then in 1991 the N1 was released...

i think there were a few R32's that motorex brought in, using the false info that got them shut down, but even though what they did was illegal there are a couple ways to get ANY car into the USA legally

one of those ways is with the military, but there are certain conditions you must adhear to, such as being in the country where you got the car from for a certain amount of time... but you also gotta be in the military, and i doubt you would get stationed in japan, most likely off to iraq,afgan, or pakistan you'd go

the other way,which is still being used, is to bring in the shell, then the engine and drive line and then the interior and put it all together and have it registered as a homebuild/kit car you would still have to conform to state laws regarding safety and emmisions...

the kid doesnt know what hes talking about...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
good, haha I thought i was going retarded or something.

I was almost positive the damn thing didn't exist I just needed someone else to help confirm it. This kid literally lies about everything. Little ricer that drives a 99 civic, and he literally drives it like a grandma. His chest is 6" away from the wheel. So idk how a kid who can't even handle his 120hp FWD automatic without gettin scared can try to make people belive he can drive a AWD gtr standard. Him and his best bud can't get there stories straight and I kept poking holes in their "logic" haha. Not to mention his best bud said he had an r33 in storage he could afford to register or insure... bunch of little kids playing foolish games. Happens a lot down here in Vegas. Actually saw a 15yr old who said he could "drift" a Saturn Ion end up curbbing his SISTERS car and snapping the rear axle. hahahaha I mean i feel sorry for his sister but the kids here are just idiots.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts