Nissan Forum banner

Would you be interested in a track day for an east coast meet this spring?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, I\'d prefer Summit Point, West Virginia

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Yes, I\'d prefer Pocono, Pennsylvania

Votes: 5 62.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to gauge interest in a track day this spring as well as a determine a location...

·
Registered
80 Posts
They are both actually about 3 hours away so its good for you. On the other hand we still need a concensus of the whole SR20/Sentra/Nissan community. This means post on the B15sentra.net , Sr20deforum.com, Club240.com, Maxima.org, Altimas.net as a start. Call it the East coast meet, with a 3 day event like the convention and your done. The rest is planning. Its just how far does everyone want this to extend too? Just sentra's or all nissans? Cuz all the conventions seem to happen on the West Coast. Its not likely we are going to have it here for awhile much like other Nissan groups around.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SuckiT said:
They are both actually about 3 hours away so its good for you. On the other hand we still need a concensus of the whole SR20/Sentra/Nissan community. This means post on the B15sentra.net , Sr20deforum.com, Club240.com, Maxima.org, Altimas.net as a start. Call it the East coast meet, with a 3 day event like the convention and your done. The rest is planning. Its just how far does everyone want this to extend too? Just sentra's or all nissans? Cuz all the conventions seem to happen on the West Coast. Its not likely we are going to have it here for awhile much like other Nissan groups around.
I co-organized the 2001 SE-R National Convention which was held in Washington DC over Memorial Day Weekend! While it may not be *THE* official convention, I think we should leave those conventions up to the respective cars... but this should definitely be extended to all Nissans. I'll visit all the other forums and boards by the weekend and start posting. I'll wait another month or two or three before starting to talk to tracks or clubs to piggyback with. Anyone have any problem with me taking the bull by the horns and running with it and starting to organize something?!? Because I want to run with it and start working on planning a great event for spring. Once we figure out who'd prefer which track, I can start looking at dates.

·
Registered
80 Posts
It sounds like a great idea. Im already on most of the boards so I can help post and promote. Like I said the dude Nathan said F-max is behind him as well as other companies to support a Nissan event.
You miss understood what I meant, i thought its a good idea considering not everyone can make their respective conventions have an alternative.
Also the thought of a Powerfest would get things going. Mention a competition for the most powerful nissan, with a dyno. Or fastest/quickest with a 1/4 mile track. Then you have your roadcourse ppl with there competition. Than whatever else comes to mind. This is what the MK3 ppl have done, Powerfest. Everyone even from Cali is there to compete.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SuckiT said:
It sounds like a great idea. Im already on most of the boards so I can help post and promote. Like I said the dude Nathan said F-max is behind him as well as other companies to support a Nissan event.
You miss understood what I meant, i thought its a good idea considering not everyone can make their respective conventions have an alternative.
Also the thought of a Powerfest would get things going. Mention a competition for the most powerful nissan, with a dyno. Or fastest/quickest with a 1/4 mile track. Then you have your roadcourse ppl with there competition. Than whatever else comes to mind. This is what the MK3 ppl have done, Powerfest. Everyone even from Cali is there to compete.
I like the idea of "POWERFEST" Good name... I think we should have a farting contest too ;)

Ok, but seriously, I'll start working toward organizing something. Who's this Nathan I'm hearing about and how do I contact him? I've got some good contacts within the Nissan community as well (marketing and such... and in the DC region as well! They already know my name. I had the 2002 Sentra at our convention before it even came out. It was a body-kitted 2001 but still, the fact that they brought the autoshow car to our convention was incredible!)

·
Registered
80 Posts
His number is 717-269-1160. He has a 418whp 200sx and helped setup that PA. meet His emails is [email protected] Hit me up on the pm's if you want some help. Im in the NYC area so help isnt that far away.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SuckiT said:
His number is 717-269-1160. He has a 418whp 200sx and helped setup that PA. meet His emails is [email protected] Hit me up on the pm's if you want some help. Im in the NYC area so help isnt that far away.
Thanks! Like I said, I'm gonna do the research now and then, in another month or two, make a decision as to where to do it

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I'm glad to see serious people on it. I'd try to help however I can too. I've had local meets, but always wanted to incorporate some kind of sporting event too....I contacted E-town before...long story...anyway, as I said, promotion, I'm there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts