Nissan Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Proud owner of a GA16i
508 Posts
ReD-DaWg-OnE said:
Hey guys... I have searched and can't really find what I am looking for. What would be the easiest and cheapest engine swap into my '83 B11 with the 1.6L and the 5-Speed.

Thanks!
http://www.nissanforums.com/showthread.php?t=91193
This thread oughta get you going in the right search. All of those listed except for the SR20 are direct bolt-in swaps (of course, you also need matching trannys and ECUs {if applicable}, and other hardware).

·
Nissan Junkie
917 Posts
hes talking about a b11 chassis so a SR swap would be a nightmare and a CA swap would not be as direct a swap as in a B12 but it depends on what he is looking for just to make it run rebuild the E16 and go Injected that should be good and if you do a good job with a little TLC you should be able to bump up the power to 90 or so with out major money expendeture.

·
Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,136 Posts
did it all myself... rebuilted it myself... actually im working on the EFI swap as i was using the TBI for 2 years (cost involded). many parts i taught i wouldnt need, i should have bought them before... total cost before installing 1500$ (just the oring as mod) the original turbo lasted like 1 week, so add a 300$ for a t25 used, plus the basic custom exhaust (500$)... and a mean for tuning (200$)... still it wasnt performing as i wanted and added (still to come taught but got all pieces) ignition stuff (400$), intercooler (100$) piping (150$) a new exhaust (1000$) misc stuff (100$) SAFC2 (400$) wiring for the b13 ecu and all crap related to it (250$)... clutch (400$) and from there, add up the regular upgrades : suspension, brake, handling..... (can$ for me)so think this swap as much costy as any other one....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.