Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard that some inexpensive HP is available to 95-97 SR20 owners bt installing the intake cam out of a 91-93 SR20. This cam supposedly has a higher lift & slightly more duration than the stock 95-97 intake cam.

Is this true? And, if so, has anybody done the swap? I guess, bottom line, is it worth the $175?

If $$ was no object, I'd opt for the JWT S3 cams. But, I'm holding off doing anything with the ECU until I go turbo when this motor gives up the ghost. After 160k & my lead foot, who knows when it might let go. But, nevertheless, I'm looking for a little more cheap speed.

Thanks in advance.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
dang someone wanted to charge you $175 for a intake cam!!?? Im gonna be selling mines if a deal doesnt fall thru on these JWT cams i was gonna buy. i'd sell it for way less than $175.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Intake Cam

Yeah, $175 for brand new 91-model intake cam straight from Mama Nissan. I think that is a fair price for a new cam, since aftermarket cams are much more expensive, and most (JWT at least) really need the tuned ECU to go with them.

How difficult of an install is a cam in a SR20? I've read my factory service manual, and other than the sequencing of removal & torquing of the caps, it looked straightforward.

Comments?

·
Its a JEEP thing...
388 Posts
You should be able to find a good condition cam for around $80...and get a $100.00 94-96 G20 ecu...you will like it for cheap..

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
G20 ECU

What is different about the G20 ECU? Does it get rid of the speed limiter & raise the rev limiter?

Just curious. Eventually this car is going turbo, so I'm just looking for a little cheap HP. The best kind of HP IMHO.

Thanks for the input.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
SWEET!!!!

Yeah, that sounds pretty sweet to me. Good thing you're in AZ, since other than your wheels our cars might soon be just alike.

Keep me posted if you see one up for grabs or if you know where I can pick them up, let me know.

Again, thanks for the help. I only a newbie to imports - been tinkering with cars since I was about 12. And, nothing makes me happier than surprising a Pustang or spanking some fiberglass- laden, big coffee-can exhaust-tipped Honda.

Later...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts