Nissan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got the car to run well and strong, dont know how much it will last, but if you step on the gas, at about 2500rpm the T25 turbo starts to push and you start to feel the car pushing on your back.
Still dont know much about fuel economy, but its not good, but i still have to do more tuning on the carb.
Compresion ratio is stock, 9.0:1
and almost everything but the carburator is stock.
It works so go ahead and do it!!!

·
Viva el iPod
1,232 Posts
dburone said:
I finally got the car to run well and strong, dont know how much it will last, but if you step on the gas, at about 2500rpm the T25 turbo starts to push and you start to feel the car pushing on your back.
Still dont know much about fuel economy, but its not good, but i still have to do more tuning on the carb.
Compresion ratio is stock, 9.0:1
and almost everything but the carburator is stock.
It works so go ahead and do it!!!
Congratulations, I'm glad to hear you've got everythig running OK. You'll have to post 1/4 mile times and pics you get a chance. :)

·
Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,136 Posts
Yep very good you have it running well !! ... about the gaz your using : wath octane rating it is ?? and wath rpm are you shifting it ?? i might be interested in opening my block and swapping those internal next summer !! it sure would get better response than the 7.4:1 ...

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Crazy-Mart said:
Yep very good you have it running well !! ... about the gaz your using : wath octane rating it is ?? and wath rpm are you shifting it ?? i might be interested in opening my block and swapping those internal next summer !! it sure would get better response than the 7.4:1 ...
I have 97 octane gas, and rpms shifting are about 4000rpm, the trans is auto and its not putting the gears when it should. A little tuning and ill get it right

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bII said:
Congratulations, I'm glad to hear you've got everythig running OK. You'll have to post 1/4 mile times and pics you get a chance. :)

These are the only ones i have, and its not finished yet, when i get it to work well ill start making it nice

·
GA16DE
606 Posts
Nice pics!!
I got a ct9 turbo for some testing... muahahaha!!
But I am considering 8.5:1 cr...
What is the downpipe/exhaust tubing diameter?

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
bII said:
Looks nice to me, man that's awesome. Are you using a cooper head gasket?
The head has stock gaskets and ill change them if i blow them

·
Viva el iPod
1,232 Posts
dburone said:
The head has stock gaskets and ill change them if i blow them
When I taked to Charles, (HybridDET, he started with an E15T, then did his SR project) he mentioned to me that the head gasket on blown E-series are prone to breakage, the space between pistons is too close. He recommended I o-ring the block and use a copper gasket, or have someone make a layered semi-organic that has some crush to it.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
bII said:
When I taked to Charles, (HybridDET, he started with an E15T, then did his SR project) he mentioned to me that the head gasket on blown E-series are prone to breakage, the space between pistons is too close. He recommended I o-ring the block and use a copper gasket, or have someone make a layered semi-organic that has some crush to it.
I know that its possible that the gasket will fail, but its the same work and money to do it now or later and since im still tuning, i am going to wait until everything is ok to open the engine, and maybe if things go good enough ill not open it yet...

·
Viva el iPod
1,232 Posts
dburone said:
I know that its possible that the gasket will fail, but its the same work and money to do it now or later and since im still tuning, i am going to wait until everything is ok to open the engine, and maybe if things go good enough ill not open it yet...
Yeah, sounds like a good plan. I'll probably just buy a new block when go turbo, they cost us about $300-400 reman from Japan, so its cheap insurance and gives me a chance to do head work and get the block o-ringed without having the car down.

·
Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,136 Posts
Where/wath is that intake adater you got there ??? .... that thing looks very good !! please share the info !! a lot of people could use that same part to make CAI :) and i could upgrade mine :p...

Btw nice log style minifold !

P.s wrap those ignition wires with some heat shield stuff... trust me they will cook, dry and split resulting in poor ignition/loss ect... been changing those a lot last year !

·
t3h r0XX0r!!
679 Posts
bII said:
Yeah, sounds like a good plan. I'll probably just buy a new block when go turbo, they cost us about $300-400 reman from Japan, so its cheap insurance and gives me a chance to do head work and get the block o-ringed without having the car down.
www.oem-surplus.com has brand-spankin'-new E-series blocks. they have a LOT of them (hundreds), so you can prolly get a damn good price ($100 or so + shipping). the only problem is, they are N/A blocks, so they don't have the extra oil and coolant ports for the turbo...

·
Viva el iPod
1,232 Posts
Lazarus_023 said:
www.oem-surplus.com has brand-spankin'-new E-series blocks. they have a LOT of them (hundreds), so you can prolly get a damn good price ($100 or so + shipping). the only problem is, they are N/A blocks, so they don't have the extra oil and coolant ports for the turbo...
Thanks for the heads up! I don't mind adding ports for coolant and oil, especially since the engine will be prepped for turbo anyways. I think I found a local shop to forge some dished pistons for me, if I can't find any e15 pistons that is.

·
t3h r0XX0r!!
679 Posts
bII said:
Thanks for the heads up! I don't mind adding ports for coolant and oil, especially since the engine will be prepped for turbo anyways. I think I found a local shop to forge some dished pistons for me, if I can't find any e15 pistons that is.
incidentally, oem surplus also has E15ET pistons in .25mm (.010) oversize (IIRC). they have about 8 sets of them... they are the stock-style cast ones, though. i just got off the phone with Arias, asking about E-series pistons. they said anything reasonable for a 76mm bore would be almost $600/set (custom forged), unless you can get a qty higher than 10 sets (call some aussies, they'll jump on it...). i have yet to call ross or wiseco.

update: according to the ross website, dish-tops would run about $450-500.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Crazy-Mart said:
Where/wath is that intake adater you got there ??? .... that thing looks very good !! please share the info !! a lot of people could use that same part to make CAI :) and i could upgrade mine :p...

Btw nice log style minifold !

P.s wrap those ignition wires with some heat shield stuff... trust me they will cook, dry and split resulting in poor ignition/loss ect... been changing those a lot last year !
I will have to change the wires, they are still the stock ones and they have 11 years.
About the the adapters, and all they are custom made. Here i cant get a thing just by paying it.

·
Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,136 Posts
Aussie use the stock piston and/or replacement stock made by ACL... they've prooven to be good and effective up to 30psi of boost... so unless you want to change the comp ratio youll be good with the stock one ...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Really nice setup. I really admire people that can DIY/ fabricate their own turbo setups.

The graphics on this terminal are really bad, are those copper lines that you used on oil/water lines?

What are you using for tuning? A WBO2?

Thanks in advance.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts