Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow. First post.

I'm considering upgrading to E15T heads - would installing KA24DE (i think thats the 240SX engine - early morning) throttle bodies do much for me, while i have the engine apart? I desire to make my E16 a psychotic performer, well, as much as a 69-hp motor can do...

·
Nissan/Mazda Gumshoe
1,052 Posts
e16s is carburated , buddy :rolleyes: . you would have ur work cut out for u if u attempted this.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my expertise here is limited, no doubt about it -

is carburetion that bad of an ordeal? what would make it difficult?

·
Registered
51 Posts
hit the search button up top on things to do with the e16 motor.. there is A LOT of info.. and if you have an 87 I think it is the E16i.. no an S which is somewhat of a relief for you ... kind of... :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
NissanNiNjA said:
hit the search button up top on things to do with the e16 motor.. there is A LOT of info.. and if you have an 87 I think it is the E16i.. no an S which is somewhat of a relief for you ... kind of... :)
I wish i was that fortunate - its got a carburetor...

·
Viva el iPod
1,232 Posts
If you have a carb you can upgrade to a Weber 32/36 DGV series (DGEV,DGAV, etc.), relatively easy swap with lots of parts available, very reliable carb too. That has been discussed in many threads. A carb out of a Nissan truck can be swapped too. Also been disscussed. Other than that, you can swap out for more "exotic" carbs, like a dellorto or minukis for example, but matting it to your intake manifold is all on you, as I don't know how. Maybe sidedrafts? If you can do/get done the fabrication (of an intake manifold) for that or find one you can buy. A KA motor would entail much fabrication/custom work, as that would be an engine too big for a simple swap in/out, aside from handling issues, as in you won't be able to handle the car from so much added front weight. Then there's the electrical/electronic issue, which you will find with pretty much any swap. (also has been discussed)

You'd be suprised at the performance gain from swapping out the carb, throttle response is much better, some more power at all the ranges, etc.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
The E15T manifold looks like it will accept just about any MPFI Nissan TB you want to put on there, I don't know how you're gonna work this into your carb setup but I wish you luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts