Nissan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
sunny/ca18det swap soon
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so really how much hp can i get from: a weber carb,euro cam, headers full downpipe back exhast pipping and second stage clutch and a lighten flywheel? and can all that handle maybe a 50 or 75 shot of nos?

·
Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,136 Posts
IMO 110 would be a nice goal for a bone E16 long block. i wouldnt go with a 50 shot over that setup without having the engine freshen up first and adding a metal head gasket or an oring. but a good wet system of 25-35 shot would probably do good :)

·
sunny/ca18det swap soon
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was thinking of the nismo head gasket will it help my hp if u se the e-15t head on the e16s block?

·
sunny/ca18det swap soon
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the e16s is going to get a full rebuild. what would be a better cam the euro or a reground with a higher lift?

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Nismo87R said:
the e16s is going to get a full rebuild. what would be a better cam the euro or a reground with a higher lift?
the euro cam only adds a litle more power, only reason it wasn't used in the states is because its just a little past emmisions acceptability. A custom ground cam coudl be better if done right. If you get more lift than the euro cam then you should have better performance. just make sure that the valves don't hit the piston. custom grind is more expensive though.

·
sunny/ca18det swap soon
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would like a better cam but i dont know how higher of a lift or what specs should i go with? i just want a little fun before i swap in my ca18det the swap wont happen till i get my own place

·
Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,136 Posts
to use the nismo head with the E16 block you should have valve recess in the pistons... if you use a upgraded cam, you will need those badly. as for cam spec you can go over the n12turbo.com infos and check theyre cam sheet.

·
sunny/ca18det swap soon
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well then for less drama then just stay with the e16s head and just port and polish that?

·
sunny/ca18det swap soon
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
how much do they normally charge for oringed the block? how much would it be to have the engine rebuild i can get the kit but i dont know how to rebuild it. so its a pain in ass to get a higher lift cam then to just get the euro nismo cam?

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Nismo87R said:
how much do they normally charge for oringed the block? how much would it be to have the engine rebuild i can get the kit but i dont know how to rebuild it. so its a pain in ass to get a higher lift cam then to just get the euro nismo cam?
lets put it this way, its a lot easier to go with euro cam.

·
Viva el iPod
1,232 Posts
Nismo87R said:
I don't know, call around. Seems like you're getting a lot of machine work, so any shop should give you a deal for all that work.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts