Nissan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, new to this forum..Ive spent a lot of time lately looking for hopups for my 87 sentra E1.6S and basically find stuff only for the later models Ive already installed a ceramic pacesetter header and have heard mention of aluminum flywheels but cant find any for my application. Does anyone here know where I can buy one? I could machine the OE flywheel but would rather not chance the integrity of the flywheel.. thanks a bunch

·
just rattle can it
453 Posts
Fidanza makes lightened flywheels. They may be able to custom fab you one if they dont already make a B11 version. I dont think it would be that big of a deal to face down the current flywheel in a lathe though. Most machine shops should be able to do it for cheap and save you a few pounds, and it shouldnt affect its strength (within reason).

·
sunny/ca18det swap soon
359 Posts
wow thats a really good price for a flywheel but i really dont think that they make flywheels for the e16 sentra find out first before buying it if not you can always try www.paeco.com

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nismo87R said:
wow thats a really good price for a flywheel but i really dont think that they make flywheels for the e16 sentra find out first before buying it if not you can always try www.paeco.com
I went over my car with two different salesman at ultrarev and they were confident that the flywheel will work on my car. I hope they know what they're talking about since its already on its way...I guess the worst case scenario would be return it and machine the OEM unit.

My car now has ceramic pacesetter header with 2inch exhaust all the way back and thats it. Sometime over the next couple weeks I will be doing the carb. most likely the 38/38 webber. I will be running a stock rebuilt head with some mild port and polish and maybe that euro cam I keep hearing about. ( I found it at www.NISMOparts.com for 177 bucks)Does anybody have any first hand experience with it? Will it make any improvement with the setup I will be running? Thanks

·
sunny/ca18det swap soon
359 Posts
where did you get your headers from? i know paceheader and s&S headers dont make headers anymore

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I called ultra rev I waited on hold forever but theyre telling me the 1.6L will fit the E1.6S model So I should see it anyday If it doesnt fit I can return it for a full refund.
Ive had the header set up for a couple years I purchased it from a local speed shop in Portland OR. (Radkes)

·
sunny/ca18det swap soon
359 Posts
dude im willing to bet that fylwheel is for the ga16de engine and tranny. but if it is for the e16 than thats a really good price

·
Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,136 Posts
dont forget that the clutch kit for the E16/b12 is the exact same as the ga16de from 91-94 :) ... if it got the same bolt pattern than the E16... why wouldnt it match ??

·
sunny/ca18det swap soon
359 Posts
really damm i learn something new everyday i did not know that the ga16de and the e16 share the same clutch

·
Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,136 Posts
just take a look at the centerforce site :) youll get the same part ## ;)

·
t3h r0XX0r!!
679 Posts
Crazy-Mart said:
dont forget that the clutch kit for the E16/b12 is the exact same as the ga16de from 91-94 :) ... if it got the same bolt pattern than the E16... why wouldnt it match ??
different outer diameter?
different diameter ring gear?
different ring gear pitch?
different thickness?
different offset?

need any more?

·
Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,136 Posts
Lazarus_023 said:
different outer diameter?
different diameter ring gear?
different ring gear pitch?
different thickness?
different offset?

need any more?
Well ... ya.. since i havnt looked at the flywheel it self, we'll need to wait till he gets it to know :p

·
sunny/ca18det swap soon
359 Posts
so is there any news on that flywheel? did it fit the e16 tranny?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have the flywheel However, My wife is 7 months pregnant And Im in the middle of building a house So I had to shelf some the motorsport stuff for a while Ill let the board know when I get to it..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts