Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Nissan Junkie
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If any of you remember I was having rev problems with my 87 sport coupe well I figured it out. Heres a recapp for those that do not remember it would rev up to 4k but boggout under load or no load but if you fethered the gas pedal you could get it all the way up to redline. Well about a month ago I had a horrible noise coming from my engine thought it was the new throw out bearing I had installed but it was coming from the front(side) of the engine well the noise was my cooling fan on the alt had come apart bu twhile trying to isolate that noise I relized my timming belt was hella loose so I replaced it and the tensioner and the alt and belt and know revs right up like a champ so for the others having similar problems take a look at the t-belt might be it.

·
Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,136 Posts
Good thing... i had about the same problem but symptomes were totally worse... started to work on 3 cylinders and from the night i parked it to the morning it wouldnt start... got the girlfriend to try starting the car to see the timing belt fiddling around like it was a guitar string... changed belt and tensioner too... i guess the belt streched due to a bad belt guide on the crank shaft... changed that too..

·
Nissan Junkie
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My problem was due to idiot who worked on car before I bought it he miss installed the tensioner but I just replaced it all under 60 bucks if I remember correctly. Now my dad has to replace the clutch for me the one I got at the wrecking yard slips.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts