Nissan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
M-Unit Racing
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 88 Nissan Sentra automatic that I bought 2 years ago. It hasnt seen the road since I got it. I did a top in rebuild on it and I got it to run back and forth in the yard. But now I cant get it to fire up unless I pour some gas in the throttle body. I hear my fuel pump running. Could this be my problem? I recall a while back when I was riding it around in the yard, I wasnt getting as much power and it kept getting worse and worse to the point where it doesnt crank up.

Also, I was having troubles getting it to go in reverse. If I road around a little bit it would go in. How much will it cost me to get it rebuilt? Is there a place on the net where I can get one for about 300 or so? I also forgot to put that when I put the car in drive...it would choke down.

·
Registered
275 Posts
my guess would be a clogged line or fuel filter.. if you havent done the filter yet i'd suggest doing it because if its plugged up, you wont be getting gas

·
M-Unit Racing
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think I replaced it. It has been sitting for a while so I am thinking that something is clogged. I dont have the time and money to work on this peice of shit. If anybody in SC wants to buy a 88 Sentra parts car for 400 bones...hit me up. Has only one big dent in left rear door. Has 300 dollars in new parts. Great deal.

·
Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,136 Posts
if you want to sell it use the classified please thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts