Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I acquired a 87 Pulsar NX recently with the E16i carbureted engine. Took the carb off after ordering my rebuild kit on rock auto.

Planned on rebuilding it but it turns out I have a JEGS carb instead of the supposed Hitachi model. So none of the parts fit, not even the mounting gasket.

So now I ask where to find this gasket, or what kind am I looking for? I have a pic off the intake if it helps and can get pics of the carb. Really need to get this car on the road, thanks.

The intake readI acquired a 87 Pulsar NX recently with the E16i carbureted engine. Took the carb off after ordering my rebuild kit on rock auto.

Planned on rebuilding it but it turns out I have a JEGS carb instead of the supposed Hitachi model. So none of the parts fit, not even the mounting gasket.

So now I ask where to find this gasket, or what kind am I looking for? I have a pic off the intake if it helps and can get pics of the carb. Really need to get this car on the road, thanks.
the intake reads:
69-A
2-2

Attachments

·
NF Mod/Nissan Master Tech
9,517 Posts
You kind of contradict yourself. If it's an "E16i" engine, it doesn't have a carburetor because the E16i had throttle-body fuel-injection. Refer part codes "16046" and ""16076" on the part diagram linked below, which is the throttle body breakdown for an '87 Pulsar NX with an E16i. They look like the gaskets you need:

1987 Nissan Pulsar NX Carburetor - NissanPartsDeal.com

(FYI, if it was carbureted, it would be an "E16S," which was installed in the N12 model Pulsar through 1986.)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your help. It appears thowe parts are what I need. However I am still confused. Included are pics of the owners manual and "carburetor" my engine is on the left E16i. Looks exactly like that. Now what I pulled off the car, is that a throttle body? thought for sure it was a carb but all the sensors and electronics kind of threw me off.

Attachments

·
NF Mod/Nissan Master Tech
9,517 Posts
Yes, that's a TBI, or throttle body injection. The small, black "box" attached to the side with the 3-wire plug is the throttle position sensor and the larger black "box" with the extension that extends into the side is a "hot wire modulator," better known as the Mass Air Sensor. You should also be able to see the single fuel injector at the top, just above the throttle plate.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts