Nissan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two 5speed e16s's one that I use and one with messed up engine but good tranny. My uncle has a ga15 sentra he might sell me. It has a messed up tranny but I was wondering if I could swap the one off my non-working e16s onto the ga15. I also want to know if the ga15 has more power than my e16s cause if it doesn't I won't buy the ga15 off my uncle. I'll just keep using my working e16s. Sorry for my ignorance on the subject.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Since the E16 and GA16 are two different engine series, I do not think the GA trannies will work on the E16. I cannot be positive, I have never worked on an E16 to tell you. But, usually, the trannies from two different Nissan engine series do not line up, and do not work together. At least, that had been my experience.

·
Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,136 Posts
X2 on the no fit. but for the ga16, you can use the 91-94 ga16de tranny.

·
M-Unit Racing
627 Posts
I didnt know a GA16DE tranny would fit on a GA16i tranny. Now I can goto the junkyard and find me a cheaper tranny maybe.

·
Proud owner of a GA16i
508 Posts
Biscuit said:
I didnt know a GA16DE tranny would fit on a GA16i tranny. Now I can goto the junkyard and find me a cheaper tranny maybe.
Not to be a smartass, but I don't think a GA16DE tranny will mate to a GA16i tranny, and I definitely don't know why you'd want to do that . . . :fluffy: . . . 10 speed transmission?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Actually it would be an effective 25 speed transmission. Whew, That would be NUTS.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts