Nissan Forum banner

E16 carb engine plug gaps?

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  blownb310 
G
#1 ·
Anybody know the plug gaps on a '87 Sentra E16 carbureted engine?? I just pulled one, "BCPR5ES" and the gap is .060", that seems rather LARGE.........

#2 ·
on my e16i they are .035.... that should do it... i dont have my manual handy... so ill check later on and let you know !!

BTW did somebody notice that the plug from 87 is a different one from a 93 ????..... :) well it is !!... ill get my part ### later too !

#3 ·
BCPR5ES

the PR in this part number stands for Platnum Resistor, and certian platnum plugs are gapped at .060 strange as it may seem

i think your plugs were gapped correctly, if your not putting a platnum plug back in, you may want to call autozone and ask them what the gap is.

hope this helps.

#5 ·
hey guys. i was just wondering if they made the groundable wire set for the b12 like they do for the ga and the sr20 motors. and if the bosch set actually makes a difference.

#6 ·
its me again. as far as i know i was told that the gap on the e16(not sure if its i or s model) was 44,000 using the keychain gapper. can anyone verify this>

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.