Nissan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have an 88 sentra and I blew the head gasket.....so I felt instead of just replacing the gasket I figured I would get a better head and up cr. So I found a head in Idaho for $100 and when it showed up it was the 15m head like it was ment to be or something. Well any way I am taking it to be machined and new valves and springs (might opt for the inner valve spring but not sure yet). Its in great shape just want it to be new. I rebuilt the block with stock 88 internals but the block and crank where both warped so now the bore is .05 over and the crank is .02 I could be wrong but it's about that.

I know that when I change from this crap 31m head to this 15m I will have a much higher cp, so eventually I will have to get diffrent pistons to lower it when I turbo it but before that I'm going to worrie about fuel. Some how I will change this over to a multi port fuel injection system, I'm just not sure if there was a factory e15et. If there wasn't I might have to try to add a different injector or a piggy back injector to give the fuel the turbo needs. If anyone knows about a multi port fuel injection intake Mani that would bolt up with out to much fabrication. It would be a great help, also I'm having trouble finding a valve cover for my 15m head. I could drill holes and plug old Ines in my Ned valve cover but I don't want to if I don't have to. I have lots of pics of my block build and will have lots of the head all the way to finish, I think I may be the first to my knowledge of recording all the way to end......and BTW this will be a emissions passing street able car (this is my main source of transportation).

·
NF Mod/Nissan Master Tech
9,504 Posts
There were factory E15ET's in the USA in the '83 and '84 Nissan Pulsar Turbos (N12). As far as the studs, there is no "kit" that I am aware of. You can order the studs from ARP. These are the part numbers for the studs (you'll also need to order nuts and washers):

(am4.500-1ub-4.500 long) only need one

(am4.125-1lb-4.125long) only need five

(am3.350-1lb-3.350) only need four

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I will be doing the inner valve springs but instead of stock ka24e retainers I will use the titanium nismo retainers. And now I have two cams I will be cutting one to euro specs maybe more not shure, if the can makes it not pass there only like 45 to an hour to swap so I can pass deq. And I believe the e15et came with a t2 turbo, so I will get a new Garrett if I can't find one to rebuild.......does anybody know a maker that has headers for the turbo, it would be nice to have steel headers.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks I have booked this before and used his info as a ref as well as a lot more, I will try to contact him. if not I might make some myself some time.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So I have a 15m head and it looks as tho the valves might hit my pistons in my e16i motor I was wondering if anybody knew if I can space this out with a costom gasket or will I need to change my pistons? If so what's the best bet I'm trying to avoid milling the pistons if possible to keep cost down and be back on the road asap. And if I need to mill them how do I get the measurements I need so the pistons don't smack.

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
6,364 Posts
So I have a 15m head and it looks as tho the valves might hit my pistons in my e16i motor I was wondering if anybody knew if I can space this out with a costom gasket or will I need to change my pistons? If so what's the best bet I'm trying to avoid milling the pistons if possible to keep cost down and be back on the road asap. And if I need to mill them how do I get the measurements I need so the pistons don't smack.
There is a method for measuring the piston-to-valve clearance called the modeling clay method. Here's some web sites that explain it:

https://books.google.com/books?id=OoRta_1NrAUC&pg=PT53&lpg=PT53&dq=how+to+measure+piston+to+valve+clearance+on+nissan+engines&source=bl&ots=erME6mgOwo&sig=MvfFDYInVoBf7U0FKjWdPvufTV4&hl=en&sa=X&ei=GSSkVMOTLIW0yATyxYHoBQ&ved=0CCYQ6AEwAQ#v=onepage&q=how to measure piston to valve clearance on nissan engines&f=false

Engine Blueprinting: How To Check Piston-to-valve Clearance - EngineLabs

1 - 11 of 11 Posts