Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone:

Noob here with an engine-ish question. I bought a Nissan S-Cargo recently, equipped with a carbureted E15 and three-speed automatic transaxle, no Overdrive. Sniffing around teh intarwebz, I am unable to find out whether an E-series engine was ever connected to a four-speed automatic with OD, or whether a four-speed automatic from CA/GA-equipped Sentra/Pulsar can be bolted to the back of an E-series and work as it should. The lack of information about this suggests that it's not possible, but I thought I'd ask folks who know these things far better than I do. I'm not looking for ultra-high-performance (though I suspect the 4-speed's gearing will help in this regard), or even a fuel-mileage bump, I just want something that will help me cruise a little easier at Southwestern freeway speeds between Phoenix and LA.

I throw myself upon the mercy of the court and await your considered response.

jk

·
Registered
357 Posts
The E had the 5-sp MT, with not one but two OD gears ... 4th and 5th. But, that would change wiring and ECU for ya.

There's a pic of one in the gallery. It gets 44 MPG.

The GA16i had a 4-sp with 4th as OD, but that also was MT. Its AT also was 3 gears, for info.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts