Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 97 maxima SE and recently have noticed e-brake noise. when i leave my car parked overnight or for a long duration, when i disengage the e-brake it still stays stuck. ill go to back up and it still feels engaged. ill give it a lil more gas and itll make a popping noise and then disengage. also when i back up and then come to a stop to pull foward again i hear a loud brake noise... kinda like rubbing or the sound when the pads are moist. just wondering if anyone else has experienced such issues? is it just the ebrake pads worn thin?? or is it more serious? id appreciate any help i can get. thanks!

·
Will work for beer
2,696 Posts
Yeesh.. don't really know what that is, but you need to take care of it quickly.

could be pads worn to bare metal, could be sticking calipers..

pull the rear wheels off and start checking things out. I have a feeling the problem will be fairly obvious once you pull the rear wheels.

·
In Ur Threadz - Deleting!
1,906 Posts
It can be one of 2 things besides what Matt already said. The following 2 things are common to happen for 4th genners.

*1- Parking brake line is either corroded inside and it 'catches' making it not disengage fully
*2- Condensation outside could have gotten into the parking brake line and freezes due to outdoor temps.

Either way it would be best to replace your Parking Brake line when you get the chance. They are fairly inexpensive depending where you go.
Around $59.39 from Pinnacle Nissan/Infiniti for a right or left side.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts