Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on my 89 sentra.....i recently changed the front and rear brake pads/shoes.....and adjusted the e-brake from the handle....u kno....that little nut u can use to adjust the travel of the lever.....anyways....now....the ebrake works fine...but when i release it and the lever goes down....it doesn't bottom out....it stays up JUST a LITTLE.....not over 1 click.....so i'm not sure if it's the fact that i adjusted it so i would only have to pull it up 4-5 clicks.....help?

·
Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,136 Posts
If i still remember corectly the Haynes manual tell us it should lock the wheel with around 7 clicks... so IMO its too tight. The fact is taught that if it is too tight it should help it getting down completely... i would get the console off and check for any object that might got stuck in between.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
ditto on something being stuck. check if its clean...then readjust. the 7clicks sounds right for the sentra, and pulsar was about 5 clicks. If you're anything like me you'd hate having topull 7 clicks....but ohwell.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea i hate doing the 7 clicks.....that's y i have 4.....also....cuz i powerslide alot.... :thumbup: ....anyways....i can push the handle all the way down....but it comes back up a little......

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
erixpulsar said:
yea i hate doing the 7 clicks.....that's y i have 4.....also....cuz i powerslide alot.... :thumbup: ....anyways....i can push the handle all the way down....but it comes back up a little......
i suppose if your brakes aren't dragging then it doesn't hurt anything

1 - 5 of 5 Posts