Nissan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently started to have this problem...when I take a turn too fast, or kick the ass end out the e-brake light in the gauge cluster comes on...I can jiggle the e-brake handle at it will go off but what's goin on? Is a sensor messed up or what?

·
I should be azRS13...
1,021 Posts
First check the brake fluid... The force of the turn might be shifting it to one side so fill it up... If that doesnt work then check the ebrake

·
Registered
87 Posts
probably low brake fluid. when the g-forces move the fluid around, it will trip the sesor when you turn hard.

if it was the sensor, it would give faulty readings all the time, no just when you turn.

·
Registered
54 Posts
here is your problem your e-brake is loose. there is a sensor near the e-brake that turns the reminder light on on the dash. with the e-brake being loose some good size bumps you hit will make it bounce up releasing the sensor which turns on the reminder light on the dash. problem solved.

·
Registered
87 Posts
ProjectH213 said:
here is your problem your e-brake is loose. there is a sensor near the e-brake that turns the reminder light on on the dash. with the e-brake being loose some good size bumps you hit will make it bounce up releasing the sensor which turns on the reminder light on the dash. problem solved.
it could also be that, but I think with his problem, it is just a low fluid problem. Before the fluid reaches the point where the light is on at a stand still, the light will come on when turning hard since the fluid moves more to the side of the resevoir. I had the exact same thing happen to me.

best bet is to top off the fluid, and then if it continues, then check the e-brake sensor.

·
Registered
54 Posts
K-1 said:
it could also be that, but I think with his problem, it is just a low fluid problem. Before the fluid reaches the point where the light is on at a stand still, the light will come on when turning hard since the fluid moves more to the side of the resevoir. I had the exact same thing happen to me.

best bet is to top off the fluid, and then if it continues, then check the e-brake sensor.
then why would the problem stop when he wiggles the e-brake handle? if the brake fluid was that low he would have air in his brake lines and also have a spongey pedal feel.... its worth a shot check the fluid level and go from there. keep us posted on what the problem proves to be.... good luck

·
Registered
87 Posts
ProjectH213 said:
its worth a shot check the fluid level and go from there.
K-1 said:
it could also be that, ... , best bet is to top off the fluid, and then if it continues, then check the e-brake sensor.
it seems that we agree. no reason to argue when the brake light has so many different reasons to light up. :)

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm gonna try the fluid first cause it's easier, then if it doesn't work I'll check the sensor. Yesterday I realized that it wasn't me jiggling the handle that fixed it though, if I just leave everything alone and keep driving it shuts off by itself rather quickly actually. Almost as if when the fluid settles back down it shuts off...no guarantee of course. I'll keep you guys posted on which one worked.

Thanks

·
I should be azRS13...
1,021 Posts
So... whats the update?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
update

Sorry for the wait, it was just low fluid...topped it off, but I wasn't able to take a corner at speed for a while cause of bad weather up in the Allentown area, and due to the fact that a power steering line blew off yesterday...but I was able to this morning and it's fine now...thanks for the help.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts