Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is about time for me to upgrade my exhaust on my 2002 Frontier SE C/C. I have had great results with Dynomax Superturbo mufflers/systems on Isuzus and Toyotas. They have delivered increased performance at near stock sound levels and at a great price (ok, I'm cheap). I don't want some noisy, droning rice-boy like exhaust on my truck. Only problem is that they don't list an application for Frontiers, only Hardbodies. I thought I had seen on another forum but can't remember where that someone had used a HB catback on a Frontier. Anyone have any info on whether this will work. My other option is to change only the muffler and resuse the stock pipes. Thanks, CGC

·
Registered
279 Posts
I repleced the muffler on my 01 PF with a Dynomax and really like it. It will be a little noisier, but not as loud as a Blowmaster or those ricer mufflers (weed whacker on steroids), just has a nice truck growl. There was no specific muffler for my PF, so I chose one to fit based on the size pipes and configuration. Bought it online and took it to my muffler shop to be welded in place. Got some pics in my signature.

·
Registered
64 Posts
get magnaflow, and a magnoflow hi flow cat, with 2.5 inch diameter exhaust piping, with some headers, do not get those cheap mufflers. my hi-flo cat and cat -back system gave me a 14 wheel horsepower gain, and a 6-8 gain on my pacesetter headers, so do the math, and check your horswpower on the cheap ones, you should find that magnflows are better

·
Registered
110 Posts
FrontierTuner said:
get magnaflow, and a magnoflow hi flow cat, with 2.5 inch diameter exhaust piping, with some headers, do not get those cheap mufflers. my hi-flo cat and cat -back system gave me a 14 wheel horsepower gain, and a 6-8 gain on my pacesetter headers, so do the math, and check your horswpower on the cheap ones, you should find that magnflows are better
Cat back system gave you 14 more horsepower at the wheel? Sound like BS to me. Unless your old system was clogged up. I could be wrong.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts