Nissan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I WAS JUST WONDERING HOW MUCH HORSE POWER ACTUALLY GETS TO THE FRONT WHEELS FOR THE PEOPLE WHO DYNOED THEIR SPEC V'S

J

·
0 Posts
Stock I did:
138.2 HP
150.6 Torque

With K&N OEM style filter:
143.6 HP
157.9 Torque

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
WOW IT LOSES OVER 30 HORSES THROUGH THE DRIVE TRAIN. THAT STILL AINT FRIGGIN BAD THOUGH :D
AND THAT FILTER MAKES A HELL OF A DIFFERENCE FOR 40 BUCKS AND AN EASY INSTALLATION.
THANKS GUYS.

·
Registered
871 Posts
there is a siginificant gain after the break in period too. The numbers i quoted were all on cars broken in 5,000+ miles

to elaborate further i've seen cars that have preformed missrubly on the dyno due to a bad break in. One guy dynoed 10 hp worse than me, but he was raceing from day one and had only changed his oil ince in the 5,000+ miles.

J

·
0 Posts
Mine was dynoed at about 10K miles BTW. I will probably dyno again in the fall once the weather cools down. It was sunny and about 85-90 when I dynoed and the thick GA humidity certainly doesn't help.

·
Registered
369 Posts
dyno

jpalm said:
Mine was dynoed at about 10K miles BTW. I will probably dyno again in the fall once the weather cools down. It was sunny and about 85-90 when I dynoed and the thick GA humidity certainly doesn't help.

I know how you feel it was 98deg when I dynoed my car the last time. I will be waiting until nov or dec to do it again its hot in charleston almost year round:eek:

J

·
0 Posts
I'll have to let you know if I get down to Charleston sometime. I went to school at USC and go back alot for football of course. My wife and I got engaged in Charleston on top of the Wentworth mansion on the widow's walk overlooking the harbour. I have a few friends down there as well. I may get down there this fall sometime?

·
Registered
369 Posts
cool

jpalm said:
I'll have to let you know if I get down to Charleston sometime. I went to school at USC and go back alot for football of course. My wife and I got engaged in Charleston on top of the Wentworth mansion on the widow's walk overlooking the harbour. I have a few friends down there as well. I may get down there this fall sometime?
just let me know when your in town;)

mike

·
Registered
151 Posts
I've dynoed one with 142hp and 153ft-lbs. It was 97deg in the shop, and the car had 1600 miles. Bone stock. He installed a HS header, AEM intake, and Stromung cat back. I'm hoping to dyno it later next week.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts