Nissan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2002 Nissan Pathfinder that came with the entertainment package. Unfortunately, it came with a VHS player and not a DVD player. Does anybody know where I could get a DVD player to swap out with the factory VHS Player? I think the Nissan Dealership wants something like 800$ for just the DVD player. Any ideas where I can get one new or used? I've checked ebay and other internet stores and have not found anything.

Thanks,
Chad

·
Registered
110 Posts
cmkillian said:
I bought a 2002 Nissan Pathfinder that came with the entertainment package. Unfortunately, it came with a VHS player and not a DVD player. Does anybody know where I could get a DVD player to swap out with the factory VHS Player? I think the Nissan Dealership wants something like 800$ for just the DVD player. Any ideas where I can get one new or used? I've checked ebay and other internet stores and have not found anything.

Thanks,
Chad
Does the VHS player have RCA jacks for aux imputs? If so just buy a cheap portable DVD player and plug it into the VHS. 5" portables are about $150.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunately no. It has a single cable that plugs into the unit. I took it to the local Ultimate Electronics and they said they'd have to rewire the entire system to hook up a non-factory replacement.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts