Nissan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Please Shift Here
6,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright, I have white wheels, and I know...It takes alot of dedication to keep these b*tches clean. My current pads (don't know the name of them) are, like many others, putting alot of dust on my wheels. Does anyone recommend any good pad that has much less dust? something to make my job easier.

·
Registered
638 Posts
I have some auto zone pads on my car and they give off almost no brake dust. They work good and have lifetime warranty. Paid $18 for the set...

·
Registered
170 Posts
With painted wheels, you need to be really careful about the pads you use. I've heard of people experiencing pitting in the finish of the wheels with the wrong pads. You want to stay away from metal pads and those with high aesbestos content as these can be acidic and ruin the finish of your wheels. I've got Greenstuff pads, and I recommend them. However, they are NOT dustfree pads by any means whatsoever. After about a week I've got noticable brakedust buildup, but I try to wash my car weekly anyways, so it doesn't make much difference to me. Redstuff pads, from what I've heard and read, are overkill for everyday use on our cars, plus they are semi-metallic pads.

·
1.6 Turbo Power
718 Posts
shane said:
With painted wheels, you need to be really careful about the pads you use. I've heard of people experiencing pitting in the finish of the wheels with the wrong pads. You want to stay away from metal pads and those with high aesbestos content as these can be acidic and ruin the finish of your wheels.
does this apply to polished silver wheels? will it make it dull over time?

anyone here experience Axxis Metal Master Pads?

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
AznVirus said:

anyone here experience Axxis Metal Master Pads?
Black200SXSER has experience with them.. PM or AIM him and ask.

·
Registered
170 Posts
AznVirus said:

I think polished silver wheels will be fine. I've just heard of people with painted wheels having problems.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
THis thread takes me back in time when I had my whites....I was going to post the same thread.. BUt I asked around and I just heard basically the same about getting some aftermarket pads that actually are meant to eliminate brake dust...

I think JCWhitney offers a set too.....

·
Team Serious
2,132 Posts
yeah i feel the pain to... i have white rims and after a daily drive the front wheels are black... i will go to autozone and try the pads they have and let you know..
my back is ok but still gets dirty as well being that i have 4 wheel disc..

J

·
0 Posts
what about those ceramic brake pads like on porsches. they arent supposed to give off dust are they? or kevlar? i dont think they do either. dont know if you can get them easily or not...

·
Registered
170 Posts
JeffB200sx said:
what about those ceramic brake pads like on porsches. they arent supposed to give off dust are they? or kevlar? i dont think they do either. dont know if you can get them easily or not...
Ceramic brakes = EXPENSIVE!!! They're damn good, but there's no reason to even consider them for a Sentra.
EBC Greenstuff pads are Kevlar pads and they still dust.

N

·
0 Posts
yeah, that is true, that if u have painted rims, the break dust does damage them, i have silver rims and the front rims have lil pits, and are always dirty, the ones in the back are always hella clean!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
170 Posts
I think the best advice I can give, is to just keep your wheels clean. Give 'em a good wash once a week and that will help keep them in good condition. Also, if you want, pull off each wheel, clean it REALLY well, and then wax them with a good wax. This will help keep them cleaner and provide a little extra protection against acidic materials.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts