Nissan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up dudes. first post here hehe

i got a 16 in my 96 200sx, and i hear squeeking in my engine. once i start my car the noise will come on, but every time i accelerate the squeeking seems to fade away. but once i let go of the gas the squeeking will come back. i hear it somewhere near the bottom left of the engine (when you're looking at it.) what could be wrong?

·
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh yeah another question. whats a good brand intake to get? i know CAI is the way to go, but i dont want any super flashy expensive ones that provide the same performance as a cheap one. i do want mine with a nice growl though. and also, do we need to remove the battery to put one one? and how much time would it take a n00b like me to put one on?

·
Team Serious
2,132 Posts
dans200sx said:
oh yeah another question. whats a good brand intake to get? i know CAI is the way to go, but i dont want any super flashy expensive ones that provide the same performance as a cheap one. i do want mine with a nice growl though. and also, do we need to remove the battery to put one one? and how much time would it take a n00b like me to put one on?
well it's pretty easy to install took me like 30 min... you can find a cai for about 190-240.....also yes i did remove my battery to install the intake

·
Registered
500 Posts
If you say it's coming from the passenger side, it might be your accessory belts that are squeaking. They make this anti-belt-squeak spray but I don't really trust those things too much.

L

·
0 Posts
sqeaky belt

yeah man, your belts are probably old need to be replaced, or if u just replaced them u didnt or who ever put them on for u didnt put them on tight enough. Or u can just try belt dressing and see it that works. Note: if u r using belt dressing u have to kept the car runnin when applying. peace out lordxavier.

·
Registered
323 Posts
i have had this problem and so has another b14 friend of mine, someone told me it was the wasn't the belt but rather then tensioner bolt itself, like it was loose, i'm not sure exactly how that would work but I've seen it be the case elsewhere when I thought it was the belt

·
Registered
393 Posts
rather than using a type of spray to get rid of it, i would either replace the belts or at least check them for tension. it should flex about an inch to an inch and a half. or i just measure 2 fingers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts