Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i get my new VE engine i want ot turbo it and i'd also like to put a dual muffler system on it. When it splits into the dual part, do i want 2 1.5" pipes or 2 3" pipes?

·
Registered
204 Posts
I'm looking into doing that, except with a new SR20. The bumper has 2 slots cut out, perfect for two mufflers. I'm willing to put a fake merely cosmetic one.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Nothing says performance like a 4cyl with a fake dual muffler setup.

·
I WANT BOOST !!!
214 Posts
toss on two whiste tips on those dual mufflers. youll be the envy all other ricers :loser:

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
seriously though, what's wrong with wanting a funcional dual system? I mean we have those cutouts on the rear of the b14 and it just seems like it would finish out the look better.

·
I WANT BOOST !!!
214 Posts
Terran200sx said:
seriously though, what's wrong with wanting a funcional dual system? I mean we have those cutouts on the rear of the b14 and it just seems like it would finish out the look better.
if u were to do some research most dual muffler systems do not work as well as a single system. in most cases going from a single to a dual you will loose performance. that is if its a working dual exhuast. of coarse a muffler in the second cut out thats not connected to the exhuast isnt gonna effect anything. but then at that point it will be deemed rice. basically theres no need for it. plus it looks stupid.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
STRATTON said:
if u were to do some research most dual muffler systems do not work as well as a single system. in most cases going from a single to a dual you will loose performance. that is if its a working dual exhuast. of coarse a muffler in the second cut out thats not connected to the exhuast isnt gonna effect anything. but then at that point it will be deemed rice. basically theres no need for it. plus it looks stupid.
agreed about the fake muffler, but the hole also looks stupid.

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
function over form.....or form over function.............you can only have one.

·