Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, you throw on a dual extension after the cat conv. and then pop on 2 mufflers, would that add anything, or just help filter out the exaust?... i would probably just put 2 mufflers on it for the look :D. well.. if anyone knows anything about it, let me know,

·
Oh, Herro!
2,337 Posts
There is absolutely no benefit to a dual exhaust on our cars, especially NA. If you connect all the piping to both mufflers, you will lose low-end torque. If you don't connect all the piping, one muffler will become blackened and the other won't. Either way, you'll look hella ricey.

·
Former SuperMod
745 Posts
myoung said:
Mike K: "Do you want to go fast or do you want to suck???"

NICE CALL!

Don't be ricey... that just makes you look dumb and childish (personal opinion inserted here). I'm into the clean car approach. And if my car was faster, it would be the "sleeper" approach. :cool: For the most part, those that try to LOOK good with altezzas/additional useless parts/nozzle lites, don't... and with it, are usually not quick/fast/whatever. Maybe this is just a Tucson thing, I dunno know.

"Friends don't let friends drive slow"... I heard that somewhere.

·
Banned
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
*sigh* im a ricer

haha, Well, i suppose if you consider anything to make ur car blend in... well.. here in houston, on saturday nights, and sometimes fridays, there is a 19 mile strip of street with only about.. uhh 50 billion cars, and they are all racers. or suped up, or riced out, whatever you prefer to call it. Well i think of it this way, if everyone has the "nozzle lights" or "decals" or "altezza's", then it will be harder for the cops to catch 1 person, tee hee, As well as giving your car a more agressive look.. i duno, MY personal opinion is its ok.. but when you go and start slapping chineese/asian symbols on your car.. unless its actually full JDM.. its not necissary.. and the dragon decals.. blah balh..

·
Former SuperMod
745 Posts
Feel free to do anything and everything to your car. I think originality is great! But, the above mentioned items are not really original anymore. Regardless, I have never told a human being NOT to do something if he or she wants to, including a dual exhaust. I just like having a clean car. If you do go about making a dual exhaust for your Nissan, post some pics for us to see.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Ha ha ha. Alteezas and LED Washer nozzles more aggressive? Probably wont find those on my load. But definitely if its your car do what you will. Just because someone else dislikes it doesnt mean a damn thing to me. Personally I go for the sleeper look and I feel people try to race me just as much as if I had stickers covering my car. What matters to me though is who is in who's rear view mirror.

·
Former SuperMod
745 Posts
Adam said:
It's soooo hard not to abuse my power as a mod right now.

For what, being off topic? Please explain... I hope I speak for everyone who has aided in this thread that we only want to post legitimate information. Personally, I made sure to keep content with the topic at hand (i.e. dual exhaust). TIA,

·
Boost anyone?
1,625 Posts
Okay sure the Dual exhaust will make you lose power. If he wants to add it so that it looks fast, then that is on him. Rice, in my opinion, is when you add things to make your car look so ugly that NO ONE thinks its cool but yourself. Again, if you want to make your car faster dont waste money on that extra exhaust and get something else.

·
SLAVE TO THE GRIND
149 Posts
back on subject!

I say go for it...I am actually plannin on a dual exhuast setup...(it aint rice either)........

I do have a unique situation..I have removed my spare tire well and spare tire and all for weight reduction which gives me alot of room to play with under there...

I am planning on running a single pipe up to just past the rear wheel then have it turn to go under the trunk there i will have a muffler much like on off of a camaro or fiero...with a single inlet and dual side out lets....so in essense still have a single exhuast set up to help maintain the back pressure but have the split dual tips for the look i like so much(I use to race mustangs so I love the dual exhaust tips!)....I get the best of both worlds....and I you want the sleeper look have you seen my POS...hehe...

Best of luck with you mod and please post pics of it..I would really like to see it when it was complete

1 - 20 of 27 Posts