Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
omg!!..that dude like stole all the ideas out of my head..

thats is what i want my car to look like!!!dang thats nice!

·
Da Dirty South
115 Posts
1 question though, he says he has 160hp. The only engine mods he has are Ractive intake and exhaust. Even with a sr20 and these mods there is no way he can make that kind of power right?

·
MY PIRANNAS ARE BITTING
147 Posts
Nissan200sx said:
1 question though, he says he has 160hp. The only engine mods he has are Ractive intake and exhaust. Even with a sr20 and these mods there is no way he can make that kind of power right?
in the top you will see is says, "Bragging Rights". plus i guess is just Est. Horsepower: 165

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
please read the stickies in the SUSPENSION and BRAKES forum where this thread belongs.

·
Nis-ho
556 Posts
that guys is just askin for trouble, too low to do any good for the car :loser:

·
new motor & tranny
1,756 Posts
Remember that the lower you drop the car, the shittier it will ride, unless you change the shocks/struts and even then it still won't drive that great (im telling you that from experience)-dont go too low unless the roads around where you live are in excelent condition.

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
that guy is a member here.....dont remember his name though. drop zones BBBBBBLLLLLOOOOOWWWW .....BLOW! 100% suck donkey. :thumbdwn: :thumbdwn: :loser:

you have these choices;
1. hypercoils, drop A MAX of 1 in, best handling coil spring for our car....ever!
2. groundcontrol, good but can make clunky noises.
3. tein, SS or baisic, both full coil overs, only ss have adjustable shocks
4. D2, lshadolf has um...and loves um.
thats about it for good riding/trust worthy suspension (if i missed any please post them up) none of these setups will be below $700 new.

pair any coil spring you get with KYB AGX struts, koni bump stops, and motivational rear mounts.

also, go to www.sentra.net and read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read !!!

·
Please Shift Here
6,696 Posts
LOL, the 1st and 2nd posts are pretty funny.

I've seen him on the SR20 forums.

I would say dropzones rank lower than Eibachs and Eibachs are nothing special either. I can't wait to kick my eibachs to the curb.

Horsepower, He's not near 165, to the wheel or the crank. (now, I always assume a 30hp drivetrain drop rather than the traditional 12-17%, so bear with me):

The SR20 has 145 bhp stock and puts down roughly 115whp. There's no way he gained 20hp out of a WAI and exhaust. It takes a CAI, H/E setup to get around 165bhp, 135whp. At CAI/Custom GenV header (2.5" downpipe)/cat-less 2.5" exhaust/Pulley set/S5 cams/ECU/Thermoblock spacers/upgraded intake manifold/no EGR, I HOPE to get down 200bhp/170whp, but that's only what I'm shooting for, I'll be lucky to get that number before SAFC.

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
get the nismo FPR and bump it up about 4 psi. i heard mike got great results with that.

·
new motor & tranny
1,756 Posts
Ninety-Nine SE-L said:
LOL, the 1st and 2nd posts are pretty funny.

I've seen him on the SR20 forums.

I would say dropzones rank lower than Eibachs and Eibachs are nothing special either. I can't wait to kick my eibachs to the curb.

Horsepower, He's not near 165, to the wheel or the crank. (now, I always assume a 30hp drivetrain drop rather than the traditional 12-17%, so bear with me):

The SR20 has 145 bhp stock and puts down roughly 115whp. There's no way he gained 20hp out of a WAI and exhaust. It takes a CAI, H/E setup to get around 165bhp, 135whp. At CAI/Custom GenV header (2.5" downpipe)/cat-less 2.5" exhaust/Pulley set/S5 cams/ECU/Thermoblock spacers/upgraded intake manifold/no EGR, I HOPE to get down 200bhp/170whp, but that's only what I'm shooting for, I'll be lucky to get that number before SAFC.
wow i didn't know Eibachs sucks. I thought they were one of the best, at least that is what ive heard.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
B14_Stealth said:
wow i didn't know Eibachs sucks. I thought they were one of the best, at least that is what ive heard.
They were the best 10 years ago. I installed them on my car in 1998 along with GAB shocks/struts (the precursors to AGX). The springs are too soft for the amount they lower the car. It was hitting the bump stops (shortened) every day going through intersections.

At the track, I could generate enough side forces on street tires (Pirelli PZeros) to bottom the suspension and make it pogo around sweeping turns.

Lew

·
new motor & tranny
1,756 Posts
lshadoff said:
They were the best 10 years ago. I installed them on my car in 1998 along with GAB shocks/struts (the precursors to AGX). The springs are too soft for the amount they lower the car. It was hitting the bump stops (shortened) every day going through intersections.

At the track, I could generate enough side forces on street tires (Pirelli PZeros) to bottom the suspension and make it pogo around sweeping turns.

Lew
wow thats some good info . i have S.Tech Tein springs..what you think of those?

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
I have no personal experience with them, and have never ridden in a car equipped with them. What I have read about them has generally been positive.

Lew

·
Please Shift Here
6,696 Posts
The only good eibach springs are the ones used in the GC coilovers (I don't remember their names). I'm not one for spring/shock setups nor do I like sleeve-based coilovers...not anymore. In recent times, we have gained an excellent choice of some great setups.

IMO, for $750 you can buy Tien basics. Custom spring rates (if you wish), silent, comfortable, and they work. They will out-perform any spring/shock setup while at the same time remaining more comfortable and silent than the GC's. Expensive? If you buy springs, performance shocks, and bumpstops, you're looking at about $650+

·
new motor & tranny
1,756 Posts
are the Tein Basics that you're talking about ...dampeners (coilovers)? Cause ive seen those for sale for our cars for about 1,200 or so on few sites including ebay

I paid like 160 for my springs (Tein S.techs) and i think like 470 if im not mistaken for the AGXs(all around) i guess i could get the Tein Basics instead :(

·
Registered
94 Posts
tien basics are coilover conversions. Also i dont think those were basics you seen on Ebay, they were probably the SS's cause i've seen those. I havent actually seen any Basics on ebay and i check ebay like every 2 days.

·
Nis-ho
556 Posts
eibachs are excellent springs... just not for our cars. many tuners use them on their cars, but they are a horrible match for our cars, whose suspension is not the greatest to begin with

1 - 20 of 28 Posts