Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sucks..

it fell like 1.5 feet, just made a little scratch. should i be worried about the accuracy?

thanks
jj

·
Mofo
2,225 Posts
I wouldnt worry to much, they are made pretty sturdy. I know ive dropped mine a few times. Checked it with a friends wrench, and still accurate.

·
Super Moderator
3,202 Posts
i have to agree... for most auto applications, it should be ok. usually torque wrenches that are dropped are inaccurate towards the extremes of the torque wrench, for example its minimum and maximum capabilities.

·
Registered
10 Posts
AsleepAltima said:
i have to agree... for most auto applications, it should be ok. usually torque wrenches that are dropped are inaccurate towards the extremes of the torque wrench, for example its minimum and maximum capabilities.
If you are worried about calibration. then send it out to get check. I know snap on will do it for a fee and depending on your needs ie paperwork pre check and psot check the fee will vary.

If you know someone in a major airline (mech). they may be able to check it for you if the calibrate in house.

I wouldnt worry too much. I wouldnt keep dropping it. In the airline business. You drop it you get it checked.

·
Super Moderator
3,202 Posts
rmmix said:
In the airline business. You drop it you get it checked.
roger that. ive been in the aviation business for 11 years now. we drop something, we have to send it in. pretty simple. autos are a little more forgiving.

·
Registered
65 Posts
AsleepAltima said:
roger that. ive been in the aviation business for 11 years now. we drop something, we have to send it in. pretty simple. autos are a little more forgiving.
yep, cuz if a engine fails in the car you dont have the whole plunging to your death factor going :thumbup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts